Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Vent - Jerk Police Officer in East Dundee

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vent - Jerk Police Officer in East Dundee

Friday afternoon I leave the office early to see my family. West bound on route 72 heading down through Dundee to get home in LITH. Stop at the gas station across from the rock query. Pull out, 40mph in a 40mph zone. See the officer clearly to my right. He pulls out and throws on his lights. I pull over.

Officer walks up to passenger side of car (both front windows were down when I passed him - this is important) -

Officer - "How are you doing today"
Me - "Doing well, thank you, the speed limit is 40 correct?"

Officer - "Yes"
Me - " And how fast was I going"

Officer - "I dont know"
Me - "Can I see your radar"

Officer - " I dont care how fast your were going, I am here because of your muffler, that is not OE and Illinois law prohibits anything other than OE"
Me - " I could walk into a Meineke right now with you and have a magnaflow muffler installed in place of my stock muffler, are you telling me that would be illegal?"

Officer - (not addressesing my concern)"That window tint you have is pretty dark in the back"
Me - "Window tint is allowed on the back windows

Officer - "Role up your drivers side window"
Me - "Sure" (no tint on my drivers side window)

Officer - "Role up your passenger side window"
Me - "Sure" (very light window tint)

Officer - "Lisc, Reg, proof of insurance, I'll be sighting you for passenger side front window tint"
Me - "What was your probable cause for pulling me over"

Officer - "Your muffler"
Me - "Am I being cited for my muffler too"

Officer - "No"
Me - "So your telling me you essentially profiled my vehicle and found something to write a citation for"

Officer - "If you want to continue putting my words in my mouth we can have this conversation on the way to jail with your car in my possesion"
Me - (very muted) "I would certainly like to put something in your mouth"

Officer - "What did you say"
Me - " Write the ticket so I can be on my way"

Officer - gone for 25 minutes writing a simple tint ticket
Me - Super pissed off with the fine officers of East Dundee. Cant wait ti fight this in court.

Vent over.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
I guess you showed him. I wonder how much better it could have turned out had you handled things differently.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

i thought we could have tinted windows in Illinois now...theres restrictions, but it's allowed.

by the way, don't talk to a cop like that. it doesn't work.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:24 PM
JRR
Evolved Member

ive had my fare share of dealing with the cops like that here in wisconsin as well with my lancer. havent had any trouble yet with my wrx thats got a can on it the size of texas (it was there when i bought the car a month ago).

fight it!!!!!

not trying to provoke anything but the way and reason the cop pulled you over is a load of bs!

josh
Old May 8, 2010, 09:26 PM
Evolving Member

FTP! Live by it.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If they're gonna be douchebags, just replace the muffler with the perrin one and paint it black. Looks pretty damn close to oem.

I'm almost tempted to do this.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

That is almost harassment, take the spoiler off and they won't mess with you as much. I just bolt mine back on when I go to the track. +1 be nice to cops and it will go a long way.
Old May 8, 2010, 10:19 PM
Account Disabled

I wave to the local PD. Still haven't had a problem with the tint or the Greddy Ti.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that sucks... that kinda happened to me. cop pulled me over and i asked what the problem was and he said that my license plate wasn't registered to my car. he then asked me if i used to own a ford and i'm like no. then he was like when did you get this car at the time i told him four months ago. he was like well these plates are registered to a ford in dekalb, which is like an hour and a half away from where i live. i showed him my registration and it clearly had my plate number and my vehicle registered. he walks to his car and i'm like okay this shouldn't be too long i just proved to him that my car is registered to the plates and he was like oh it must of been the dmv that screwed up these kinda things happen all the time. as he handed my registration back, he also says oh but i'm giving you a ticket for no front plate. i'm like ? thanks a-hole.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

the ford thing, totally made up im sure you realize that...
Old May 8, 2010, 11:45 PM
Evolving Member

Ya i hate cops like this! they are dbags! We were in my Sti just got exhaust on and was on my way with three buddies to install headers and we got pulled over. The cop pulled us over for loud exhaustand then he proceded to check our window tint as well... He would make really long pauses inbetween his statments to make it all dramatic like or something i dont know. I was waiting for him to throw in a meow or something lol, and to top it off his name was Officer Axlerod!! lololol he ended up not giving me a ticket but he made me promise i would change my exhaust so i said i would... Little did he know i was on my way to change my exhaust right then by adding bigger headers!!! hahahahahahahaha

Last edited by BlueEvoG; May 9, 2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old May 9, 2010, 12:35 AM

i wish i was that smooth talking the popo lol
Old May 9, 2010, 07:53 AM

I got pulled over in this same area, by what I think must be the same cop for the same reason. . . my muffler. The only problem is my exhaust is completely factory, and I pointed that out to him by showing him my car had less than 1000 miles on it. Hardly proof I know, but he knew he had nothing when he asked me to roll up my windows and not only saw no tint, but the CA state emissions sticker from when i had it delivered from SouthCoast Mitsu. He let me go, but he tried his hardest to get me for anything he could find.
Old May 9, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John83
the ford thing, totally made up im sure you realize that...
Oh yeah definitely I mean how could you say my car is registered to a ford I have the proof, plus i went to the dmv and they said there wasn't a problem.
Old May 9, 2010, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Front window tint is now allowed in IL. I think up to medium is allowed

Quick Reply: Vent - Jerk Police Officer in East Dundee