Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

since EVOs keep getting stolen around Chicago...

Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
since EVOs keep getting stolen around Chicago...

i just spoke with this lady from LoJack and i she offered a group rate for any of us looking to get it installed. basically, she said she'll give us $100 off and an additional 5 years added to the warranty (since it comes with a standard 2 yrs). so basically, $595 will include tracking service for the life of the vehicle, a 7 yr warranty, and free installation. this should also lower your insurance premium a little. if you are interested, lemme know cause i'm thinking about jumpin on this by the end of the week.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wonder if people even have to worry about getting their modded evos stolen, well besides being towed. You know when they swap the ecu. Running big injectors, on SD(no maf), e85, etc. I wonder if the car would even run if some ***** tried to swap the ecu and drive away. Hmm...

Idk about lowjack though. What if the stolen car is stored somewhere where it can't get signal?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.airiq.ca/consumer.php

Its better and cheaper than lo-jack. Lo-jack doesn't tell you where the car is or has been. This thing alerts you when the car has been moved, tells you where its been, direction of travel and more.

Theres also zoomback which is cheaper than this and kinda does the same thing. Id go with the airiq tho.

Edit: oops I posted the wrong link. Its fixed now

Last edited by SmoothCTR; Sep 27, 2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by SmoothCTR
http://www.airiq.ca/consumer.php

Its better and cheaper than lo-jack. Lo-jack doesn't tell you where the car is or has been. This thing alerts you when the car has been moved, tells you where its been, direction of travel and more.

Theres also zoomback which is cheaper than this and kinda does the same thing. Id go with the airiq tho.

Edit: oops I posted the wrong link. Its fixed now
couldn't find a price on this?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
couldn't find a price on this?
That new link i posted says $250. I havent got it yet but its like 10 or 12 bucks a month. I believe they give you a discount if you pay like 6 months or a year in advanced. worth every penny imo.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

Actually the $250 include 12 months service!
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by SyZyGy1394
I wonder if people even have to worry about getting their modded evos stolen, well besides being towed. You know when they swap the ecu. Running big injectors, on SD(no maf), e85, etc. I wonder if the car would even run if some ***** tried to swap the ecu and drive away. Hmm...

Idk about lowjack though. What if the stolen car is stored somewhere where it can't get signal?
i'm hearing that they're jackin a lot of EVOs using tow trucks which negates swapping with an immobilized ECU. and according to the website, "the LoJack transmitter's Radio Frequency signal is so strong it can penetrate through garage walls, steel containers, dense foliage and other places thieves may try to hide your vehicle." there's even an upgrade offering that early warning system. and i'm more than certain that any real-time GPS tracking service requires line-of-sight with the sky in order to funcion. so it's more or less a peace of mind thing.

besides, many of us have dropped a few k in mods on our cars...what's another $595 to protect against the bastards jackin us??

Last edited by ablan029; Sep 28, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:46 AM

i talkerd to the lady from lo jack for a group buy on the s2000 forums she said she would be intested but i need a number of cars first i was wondering if those of you intrested would like to tag along im trying to hit other forums but if you could spread the word that would be nice.
heres some info
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9057...#entry21109011

http://www.lojack.com/about/pages/about.aspx#products

PRODUCTS
LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System For Cars and Light Trucks:
The Flagship LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System
  • Nation’s first and only stolen vehicle tracking and recovery system used by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies.
  • Based on proven radio frequency technology (wireless transceiver hidden in vehicle emits silent radio signals when activated, enabling police to track and recover vehicle).
  • Recovered LoJack-equipped assets worth more than $5 billion worldwide.
  • Provides a 100 percent money-back guarantee if the vehicle is not recovered within 24 hours.
  • Suggested retail price is $695 with no recurring monthly fees.
LoJack Early Warning Recovery System:
  • This system builds on the technology of the flagship stolen vehicle recovery system to provide an added layer of security.
  • Contacts users in up to five ways—by home phone, work phone, cell phone, e-mail and text messaging—if their vehicle is moved without permission.
  • Empowers consumers to contact authorities as soon as vehicle is moved without permission, so police can locate and recover vehicle even more quickly.
  • Reduces time between theft discovery and vehicle recovery, ultimately minimizing vehicle damages and repair costs.
  • Suggested retail price is $995 with no recurring monthly fees.
you can also email me at thecleaners2k@gmail.com
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:24 PM

bump
Old May 4, 2012, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
bump for this - can anyone provide feedback on airiq? if its monthly payments for the product forever?