EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Midwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region-39/)
-   -   Stolen Evo 9 Add to the list (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/midwest-region/506775-stolen-evo-9-add-list.html)

BluEVOIX Aug 1, 2010 11:16 AM

Stolen Evo 9 Add to the list

Well went to Hop Haus and Spy bar 11:20 PM parked on a busy street near by. At 3:00'ish AM ready to go home and the car is gone.

It was parked on a street with meter boxes. No towing signs etc.. Checked 311 if it was towed so after 2 hours made a police report.

There was broken glass in the area I parked, but I am not sure if its from my car, previous cars or both. Well our cars have the immobilizer so they cant hot wire it, unless we can tune it some how now? Probably it was stolen with a tow truck.

Be safe every one. Good luck to you all.

xRoguex Aug 1, 2010 11:19 AM

seriously.. chicagohas become an evo's worst nightmare.. theres got to be what? 6-8 in the last month?

ondatdro Aug 1, 2010 11:20 AM

Sucks man

evo_de_El Aug 1, 2010 11:23 AM

Same color as mine scary. They should reimburse of u have full coverage and if u have receipts for after market parts good luck be safe.

Elvin

wizzo 8 Aug 1, 2010 11:26 AM

Oh crap! Not another one. Sorry to hear. What town was that?

evosam726 Aug 1, 2010 11:29 AM

wtf man i hate haterz... well goodluck on everything man hope they find it in one piece. thats why im gonna look into lojack and have that installed my car. =\

BluEVOIX Aug 1, 2010 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by wizzo 8 (Post 8545252)
Oh crap! Not another one. Sorry to hear. What town was that?

It was in Downtown Chicago. Around the area of Edens 94 and Ohio street exit. Basically were Hop House, Spy Bar are. I parked it around 715 N Franklin.

I did however see another Red Evo 9 when I was looking for parking at the corner intersection of Erie and Franklin.

Originally Posted by evosam726 (Post 8545258)
wtf man i hate haterz... well goodluck on everything man hope they find it in one piece. thats why im gonna look into lojack and have that installed my car. =\

A little more than haters. I'm still thinking its being done by shop owners or some one that buys and ships cars out.

I'll definitely get something with GPS tracking on my next car, (hopefully evo, but depends on insurance pay) . Even if its possible for them to find it and take it off, at least i have some time to quickly locate it next time. I still owed about 9k maybe slightly less depending on how bank interest is compounded. But 300 is minimum payment and had 2.5 years left.

wizzo 8 Aug 1, 2010 12:44 PM

Let us know how of goes with the aftermarket stuff. I wonder how much lojack is?

XSboosyed10 Aug 1, 2010 12:59 PM

Man Im very sorry to hear this. What is up with all these people stealing these cars lately?

Piro Fyre Aug 1, 2010 02:16 PM

My gawd! Stolen Evos everywhere in Chicago. Scared to even go down there now just to go to someone's grad party.

wizzo 8 Aug 1, 2010 04:18 PM

Looked into price of lojack. $695 installed with 2yrs of service. Found my next mod.

BluEVOIX Aug 1, 2010 06:33 PM

Ok CAR FOUND!!!

I got some updates for you guys and pictures I'll post.

Maybe this will give you guys an idea of how they are stealing them. Mitsubishi immobilizer my ass.

Story soon to come.

tim85851 Aug 1, 2010 06:36 PM

glad to hear you got it back! hope those people pay for everything!

Genesis8 Aug 1, 2010 06:39 PM

We are just glad you got it back. I hope they didn't torn it apart.

wizzo 8 Aug 1, 2010 06:49 PM

That's great news! Hopefully its not torn up