Notices

Extreme Jerking when doing a rolling stop in normal mode...

Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extreme Jerking when doing a rolling stop in normal mode...

It's very random and I can't seem to reproduce it, but sometimes when I come to a rolling stop and then start off again my car jerks like it's getting slammed into gear. This has now happened to me 3x and each of these three times I haven't been driving the car hard at all. It happened once when I was headed into work one morning, and then last night when I had my kids in the back coming back from a store. So I don't think it's a cold engine nor a warm one issue.

Anyone else experienced this?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Koroshiya
It's very random and I can't seem to reproduce it, but sometimes when I come to a rolling stop and then start off again my car jerks like it's getting slammed into gear. This has now happened to me 3x and each of these three times I haven't been driving the car hard at all. It happened once when I was headed into work one morning, and then last night when I had my kids in the back coming back from a store. So I don't think it's a cold engine nor a warm one issue.

Anyone else experienced this?
Have you done any tuning to the car ??
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

THis symptom happens during the slowing phase or after slowing, when accelerating again?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

it happend to me 4 times ... its from 2nd to 1st im thing 1st gear and its like if i just hit somthing really hard scars the s hit out of me every time .... ( in the slow down...getting to the stop)
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

I've had something similar happen...

In Normal - Auto mode, driving quickly. Use the brakes to aggressively slow down coming into an intersection or turn where I am not coming to a stop, let off the brakes and transition to moderate/heavy accelerator (50-60%?), and it feels like I've hit something. Has scared the crap out of me on multiple occasions. And I can reproduce this pretty easily.

I also note that sometimes coming to a stop there is a pretty hard 2>1 engagement.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:36 AM

i have also had that problem sometimes when i am slowing down and speed up feels like some hit you from behind. I just got used to it or just do manuel shift and leave it in 2 when slowing down.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm, I need to take the car in to have some things adjusted before my adjustment period runs out. Perhaps I need to go ahead and raise this as an issue.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Well I just need to know if everyone with this issue have had their cars tuned or are they totally stock ..
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:48 PM

when your coming to a complete stop you should slip it into N anyway...and thats definatly happen to me...i just gave up coming to a complete stop at stop signs HA
Old Jun 25, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

when your coming to a complete stop you should slip it into N anyway...
Why??
Old Jun 25, 2009, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

something similar has happened to me before
Old Jun 25, 2009, 02:28 PM

Mine has done this a few times. It hasn't happened when coming to a stop, but rather when taking off from a stop. It's always the 1st to 2nd shift. Now that I think about it, every time it has happened, it has been when I've braked somewhat hard to an almost complete stop, and then mildly accelerated back up to speed.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
to gunzo iam stock and my car has done this.
it has done it when iam slowing down from 2nd gear to 1st gear but i think its when you dont know if your gonna accelerate your car or if your gonna break to stop so in between this 2 actions it seems the ecu also doesnt know so if you decide to stop but the ecu thinks your gonna keep going then it yerks from 2nd gear to 1st gear but it doesnt bother me it has done this probably 3 times no big deal....
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gunzo
Have you done any tuning to the car ??
My car has not been tuned. UICP & Drop-In Filter only. It happened once before those were put in, and twice since then. They are describing it perfectly, when coming to a rolling stop and then beginning to accelerate it feels like I hit something or I've been hit.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

I suffer from the same problem most people here are describing. My car is tuned with the Cobb AP stg 1 map (ive used both 93 and 91 octane, both have done the jerky start) ; otherwise stock.

I've always been afraid this is damaging something because of how it feels/sounds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Extreme Jerking when doing a rolling stop in normal mode...