Notices

Warning: "Transmission Service Required"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still no problems?? This happened to me this morning... went away when I got in the car later.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien
Still no problems?? This happened to me this morning... went away when I got in the car later.

No more problems to report.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:38 PM

oh thank gawd. I haven't ran into that problem yet and I hope not to!!!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 09:16 AM

This has happened to me before. Seems to happen on wet/snow/foggy days. The SES light would come on during morning start. The car seems to drive fine. Note that i had my engine replaced. Contacted the dealer to bring it back the following week. Next thing, As I was leaving to go to the dealer, the lights were gone. So I never went back. So far it hasn't come back on.......I think it might be a cold start issue.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 04:17 AM

This happened to me on Sunday afternoon. I restarted the car, and the light went off. I'm not sure what to do about taking it to the dealership to have it checked out.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nhgraham
I wouldn't mess with it... The oem fluid is $125/ gallon and it takes close to two gallons not to metion the $119 for the filter! On top of that the jacker that you got working on your sst prolly doesn't know whats going on with these transmissions. If it ain't broke don't fix it. FYI servce interval is 30K on the fluid change if your not beating on it.
I don't own an SST but might suggest simply waiting for the service interval is not a good idea. I don't know whether your issue would benefit from a fluid change but think that some research might be helpful. You might call Kris at SSP and talk a bit about your transmission issue, driving habits, etc and they can give you some sound advice on next steps.

Not for nothing, and the application is very different, but we change the transmission fluid 4 times a season and motor oil 12 times. Fluid swaps can really help in identifying issues with the car/ transmission if you use a good shop that's paying attention.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Gore
This happened to me on Sunday afternoon. I restarted the car, and the light went off. I'm not sure what to do about taking it to the dealership to have it checked out.
Went driving on Saturday and it happened for the first time to me since owning the car. I shut it down and restarted it and it was gone immediately. I had my 30k service done and the filter and fluid were both changed less than 2k miles ago. So i know its not the fluid and filter. So far the driving characteristics, noise and vibration have not changed at all. Im stock.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this come up on me when I launched hard on an 1/8th mile drag. The clutches just let go and the car revved until I put it in park, then back in drive. Was hellacious embarassing but I think it has something to do with the clutches getting hot or fluid heat. I drove the car back around, shut it off and let it cool off. Started back up just fine and didn't act up from there.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 10:50 PM

Just FYI for anyone interested, the warning has never shown again since that one incident. I have 17xxx miles now. Oh and one more thing, haven't changed the fluid and filter yet. Thanks.

Paul

Last edited by paul123; Nov 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:01 AM

Transmission service required alaram

Originally Posted by SwissMTNAlien
Hi could you plz inform me about above alarm
How to fix alarm
Thanks
Email : pour.mojtaba63gmail.com
Tell: +989339046577
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a 2011 MR with around 29,600 miles and mine started displaying the Transmission Service Required message. It comes on for a few seconds and then goes out. The car doesn't drive any differently when it comes on. The first day it happened was the March 8th but I don't have any check engine codes or pending.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:53 AM

has any one had any further information on this issue? i had this happen last year after a big spring snow storm. started the car displayed warning message and then wouldnt shift into drive or reverse, just keeps blinking. Shut car down and gave it a minute and then after a few ignition cycles it would go away and be just fine. The problem cleared up in a day and i never had the message again...until yesterday and again today. Yesterday i was at the strip, ran a time trial and then parked the car for an hour or 2 in which we had a solid rain/sleet storm for about 30min. I dried off the car and so on after the storm, when i started the car probably 30-45min after the rain had stopped, i got the message again. I cycled the ignition a few times and nothing would change, same message and wouldn't shift from park to drive or reverse. I messed with it for about 10min before giving up, let the car sit for about 30min and then went ahead and tried it again, surprise works just fine. Today fired it up, drove about 15min, shut it down dropped off my kids, came out started car and the message came back with same problem, couple cycles and poof all is good. any info would be great just wanna figure this out before i get stuck or actually break something.
2014 RA