Notices

Mystery Engine Noises (Similar to Break Squeak?)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mystery Engine Noises (Similar to Break Squeak?)

Hi All

First, I am by no means anywhere close to an expert on this so please work with me. I did some searching and it looks like theres a good amount of threads on mystery engine noises on the X but I do not believe my problem falls within these. The car is a '14 with about 34k miles on it. I dont track the car nor do I drive like a maniac.

Okay so to begin, there are two mystery noises coming from my engine.

1. The first noise is a very very faint squeaking noise coming from the engine on the passenger side. This noise is extremely faint to the point where I thought I was making it up in my head but it has been slowly getting louder. This noise only makes a squeaking noise when I am in gear and accelerating. If I am in gear and cruising with no gas, the noise is gone.

2. The second noise sounds almost similar to break squeak (but it isnt) and is coming from the driver side engine location. This noise usually happens between 2k-3.5k rpms and will squeak regardless of whether I am giving the car gas or just cruising with no gas.

I was going to try to send a video but both noises only happen when the car is in gear and not when revving in neutral.

Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe belt issues? Again I have almost no experience here so anything helps me. If these are stupid questions, I apologize in advance but couldn't find a similar thread to reference. I am going to take it to my local mitsu dealer but id like to have something in mind before I go.

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2016, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just realized I posted this into the TC-SST thread. Ill make a new thread in the Engine section. Apologies mod can close this!