Notices

Amsoil DCT Fluid - Dia-Queen SSTF-I Equivalent

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacks Transmissions
We've used Diaqueen exclusively for years till about 1-2 years ago. We now use Motul pretty heavily with no issues. We have used Redline in a few units too with no issues. no experience with Amsoil though.
MOTUL DCTF was one u wanted to try out too..might be my next tryout
Old Jan 2, 2018, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had an axle replaced and the shop lost 2 quarts of fluid. They topped it off with generic DCT fluid. I'll have to confirm which brand they use.

Issues:

Came off highway in 6th gear, S-Sport Manual, downshifted while braking to 3rd gear, 4500-5000 RPM.
SES light came on.
Lost Odd Gears, except 1st from a Stop
Restarted Engine
Manual S-Sport won't shift to 5 or 6, Auto Normal will still shift into those gears. Reverse gear will also not engage
Restarted Engine
Reverse gear engaged, but no creep. Hard to back the car up, but it will still back up. When shifting to N, car will not roll.

So......f non-stock fluid.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Transmission costs 13k new from Misubishi. Use the OEM fluid for the love of it.
We use OEM fluid in our RA that runs 9's. We use OEM fluid in cars making over 800hp.
Everything else is a crap shoot.
The following 2 users liked this post by kozmic27:
RobbieOh (Apr 21, 2021), white01ss (Sep 15, 2018)
Old May 4, 2018, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kozmic where you getting your OEM fluids from? I am about to purchase some for my next trans change which I'll do this summer. My damn ACD pump has received the infamous c161e fault so I guess that thing is done and while I do that I'll be doing the trans and diff and the rest of the fluids. Oh joy.

As for everyone else anyone have any results yet? Been a lot of talk and one guy says everything is good, anyone end up sending samples in and getting them checked like discussed above? Reason I ask is I am currently in Germany and pretty much any fluid is ridiculously expensive here...

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 5, 2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Grilla
Hey all, got an email from Amsoil today about their new DCT fluid.

Might not help but I use it in a VW R32 DSG. Our DSGs had teflon coated valves that fail over time because the teflon coating separates with heat. The car wanted to lurch into others, stop and go traffic was like sitting in a manual car with the worst stick shift driver ever. I switched to Amsoil DCT and after 40 miles it ran great. I have to believe the additive package is improved over VWs factory oil which was blended in 2004. 30K miles so far on the fluid and i ordered another case to service the DSG again. I will send the oil out for analysis and compare to factory. I envision some VW engineer figuring out how to build components that fail right after the warranty expires...because this has been my experience with our VW family fleet. Personally moving forward i only use after-market fluids for Engine, Trans, Haldex, diffs, brakes. Haldex i will be trying Ravenol AWD-H because we have had pump failures and gummy filters using the factory fluids. 20K miles will tell if its an improvement.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Grilla
Hey all, got an email from Amsoil today about their new DCT fluid. My '11 RA is at 30k miles, which I think is right about time to flush/change the SST for the first time. I've been procrastinating because of the astronomical Dia-Queen cost. Any thoughts on this new alternative?

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...?code=DCTQT-EA
running amsoil DCT on 08 evo x for 20k so far no problems daily driver
Old Apr 8, 2021, 08:08 PM

I appreciate following up. I love Amsoil particularly because they will outright claim their oil outperforms other brand names. If that weren't true, they'd be in tons of legal trouble. No other oil company does. This sort of proves, in tandem with the results they show, that Amsoil is a great oil company. I'm not selling the stuff, but yea. Hope it continues to stay that way.

Any update now a year later?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by av00va
I appreciate following up. I love Amsoil particularly because they will outright claim their oil outperforms other brand names. If that weren't true, they'd be in tons of legal trouble. No other oil company does. This sort of proves, in tandem with the results they show, that Amsoil is a great oil company. I'm not selling the stuff, but yea. Hope it continues to stay that way.

Any update now a year later?
ran amsoil dct for 30k km no problems
on 10k km now after changing fluid still works great