Notices

Tc-sst p1885

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tc-sst p1885

Hey guys, we picked up a code P1885 from a AP and the car isn't showing any symptoms. I've only seen 1 post about this at evo x forums. Anyone ever dealt with this and know what the problem is? If so, what's wrong and what is the solution? Please use simple terms, not mechanically inclined.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Re-set the code and drive. See if it comes back.

I have had spurious codes that pop once and never more...
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
take it to your dealer, let them check it out, i just went yesterday for the same code, they are ordering me a new trans.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 09:30 PM

Hey boo did your code stay on at the time or did it go away??
Old Apr 26, 2017, 09:36 PM

Boo??? And no the light came on for like 10 sec and then went off. Happened over a dozen times throughout the winter time.
The following users liked this post:
yerrow (Apr 26, 2017)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:33 PM

i meant to say bro, sorry boo xD
we drive the same car man 2013 MR. So what happened to yours ultimately? you still have her? she still runs? did you do anything about it? Thanks for replying man
Old Apr 27, 2017, 02:47 AM

It's going to the dealer Saturday. First they said they were gonna just drop in a new trans. Now they say they are sending a rep out to look at the car and possibly open up the trans. Keeping my fingers crossed they just drop in a new unit because we all know it's never gonna feel the same if they open it and try to make some repair. If that's the case I'm gonna complain about how ****ty it feels till they give me a new trans or I'll get rid of the car at that point. They may have my car for a few weeks. I'll update this post as they update me on the status of the car. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by acas
It's going to the dealer Saturday. First they said they were gonna just drop in a new trans. Now they say they are sending a rep out to look at the car and possibly open up the trans. Keeping my fingers crossed they just drop in a new unit because we all know it's never gonna feel the same if they open it and try to make some repair. If that's the case I'm gonna complain about how ****ty it feels till they give me a new trans or I'll get rid of the car at that point. They may have my car for a few weeks. I'll update this post as they update me on the status of the car. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck with everything man. I got this car at 35k miles and got a brand new sst after driving it for 1.5k. Since then I have put about 12k miles on this SST and recently serviced it with OEM fluid and filter. With a brand new tranny i decided to go full bolt-ons it was bone stock. So last night the car threw the familiar transmission service required light after a first girl pull to impress my lady. My heart sank and my whole night was ruined luckily it was about to be the end of the date. The code went away after 5-7 seconds and hasnt come back. On my way home i did about 5-6 pulls from 1st 2nd 3rd and couldn't get the light to come back on. No sign of any symptom either.
When i got home i pulled code p1885 with my accessport. Looked it up and couldnt find much info about it thats why im here now. Whatever it was i'm disappointed with the MR after brand new tranny and early fluid change. Good luck with you man keep me updated.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by EvoNo0b
Hey guys, we picked up a code P1885 from a AP and the car isn't showing any symptoms. I've only seen 1 post about this at evo x forums. Anyone ever dealt with this and know what the problem is? If so, what's wrong and what is the solution? Please use simple terms, not mechanically inclined.

Thanks in advance!
What did you end up doing? does the code stay on? has it come back at all?