Notices

Evo X MR Gear Jumping Issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X MR Gear Jumping Issue

Hi all-

I'm experiencing an issue with my sst changing gears for me while in manual mode.

Car: 2014 Evo X MR
Mods: Grimmspeed 3-port, intake, hfc, catback

What's happening:
I was driving out of my neighborhood, around 40 mph in s-sport manual
I slowed down to under 10 mph for a stop sign (probably around 5 mph)
The car shifted down to gear 2 while I slowed down.
I accelerated before coming to a complete stop, while in gear 2.
At around 10-15 mph I felt a slight pop through the accelerator pedal and the car went into gear 3, then gear 4. It felt like it was going to stall

Has anyone else had this type of thing happen? The car is able to shift into all gears normally when driving or starting from a complete stop. It also is able to shift normally during an aggressive start. This happens in this same situation (accelerating before a complete stop) in sport and s-sport and if the transmission is cold or warm.

I'm working with my tuner to see if it is mechanical or if something went weird with my latest tune, but I figured I'd see if anyone else had this happen. I did a few google searches and forum searches but wasn't able to find this exact situation happening.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:35 AM

If anyone else ever has this issue, it seems to be due to the 3 port. The shop that installed it set it up in the same way as the stock solenoid. After getting the 3 port installed correctly, this issue has gone away.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 10:04 PM

It skipping up gears like that usually only happens to me when I don't go to a complete stop and wait for it to go down to first when the clutches have not had any time to warm up. You end up lugging the engine accelerating from a stop in 2nd gear. I don't think it's an issue though, I've only had this happen to me twice and both times I was in 2nd gear and I had just cold started like a minute before going anywhere, plus it was like 20 degrees out.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:51 AM

This started happening to me verry rarely when I was stock or just a catback, and now it happens to me quite often with full bolt on so i highly doubt it has to do with the 3 port boost control solenoid