Notices

10 ralliart sst wont go in to reverse but goes into drive and drives fine.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 ralliart sst wont go in to reverse but goes into drive and drives fine.

I have a 2010 ra with ultimate racing catback and injen intake and intercooler piping. I have a boost gauge as well and I'd be hitting 18psi at times but recently boost has been all over the place ranging from 15 peak and dropping to 13 and 5th gear will hit 18. but couple nights ago I was doing pull a in the car and cobb stage 1 91 tune I hit 19.89 psi and after turning the car of and letting it sit the night. when I started in the morning the HUD said "transmission service required" and threw on an engine light. I tried putting the car in reverse and the R was just flashing and didnt engage. but if I put in drive it was driving fine. I ended up flashing the code and it went into reverse just fine and is still driving good. Havent gone on boost since and talking to a sst shop online they said internal filter was clogged. What does the forum think it could be ?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:10 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
sounds like you need an SST service. Make sure to use OEM fluids only. You might consider getting a reusable filter from Dodson.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
sounds like you need an SST service. Make sure to use OEM fluids only. You might consider getting a reusable filter from Dodson.
Thank you but when I bought the car the previous owner said fluid was changed 5k km ago which put it at around 9000 km. Do u think my I internal filter is clogged, that's what I was told by a shop talking to them online. which they asked me to send the transmission to them and itll be a 1500 repair with parts or should I change the fluid and the sst filter.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 02:24 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by Rohan Kaizer
Thank you but when I bought the car the previous owner said fluid was changed 5k km ago which put it at around 9000 km. Do u think my I internal filter is clogged, that's what I was told by a shop talking to them online. which they asked me to send the transmission to them and itll be a 1500 repair with parts or should I change the fluid and the sst filter.
Do you have proof that he/she did the service, and that they used OEM fluids and replaced the filter? The reason I ask is because the service is expensive and people try using aftermarket fluids which is not a good idea with this trans. You are going to have to drain the fluids to pull the trans anyway so you might as well drain it and inspect the filter to see what that looks like. Then depending on how that goes you can choose to send it out or just doing a service.