EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi TC-SST Discussion (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-307/)
-   -   Warning with ((!)) Do I need to worry? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion/462042-warning-do-i-need-worry.html)

00EvoX Dec 6, 2009 02:15 PM

Warning with ((!)) Do I need to worry?

I'm getting the ((!)) warning when I get on the accelerator really hard. The car feels and sounds great though. Is there something wrong, do I need to worry? Please any help would be appreciated.

RallyGoneEvo Dec 6, 2009 05:14 PM

Probably hitting the torque limiter.

EvoJutsu Dec 7, 2009 10:59 AM

Just a hunch... I hope your tuner took out the LIMP mode (stock safety ecu program) in the car when he was done tuning with the car. You can fully get rid of it with the ECU flash. Cause it may cause those safety things to pop out constantly.

00EvoX Dec 7, 2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by EvoJutsu (Post 7775530)
Just a hunch... I hope your tuner took out the LIMP mode (stock safety ecu program) in the car when he was done tuning with the car. You can fully get rid of it with the ECU flash. Cause it may cause those safety things to pop out constantly.

no tune

gunzo Dec 7, 2009 07:22 PM

nothing of that sort !! .. nuts .. just refer to your manuals ...

you are wearing down your pads .. so your fluid is getting low .. thats jus telling you low brake fluid

Webman Dec 8, 2009 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by gunzo (Post 7777194)

you are wearing down your pads .. so your fluid is getting low .. thats jus telling you low brake fluid

RTFM is quite suitable in this case.

DrasticK Dec 8, 2009 09:50 AM

Low brake fluid.

00EvoX Dec 8, 2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by gunzo (Post 7777194)

Thanks Gunzo. I have read the manual(or misread the manual), but I mistakenly thought that the ((!)) light was in fact the ! with the circle around it which means that there maybe something wrong with the SST tranny.

and Webman thanks for the RTFM that was real helpful.{thumbup}

Webman Dec 9, 2009 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by DntBlongHere (Post 7780661)

Absolutely! Always glad to help. It did lead you to your answer, correct?

gunzo Dec 9, 2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by DntBlongHere (Post 7780661)
Thanks Gunzo. I have read the manual(or misread the manual), but I mistakenly thought that the ((!)) light was in fact the ! with the circle around it which means that there maybe something wrong with the SST tranny.

haha .. scary isn't it .. so many things to remember and all different levels of severity !! :p

I'm praying hard not to get the ! with the gear symbol ..