EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Mitsubishi TC-SST Discussion (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion-307/)
-   -   Problem with SST, P/R/D nothing happens! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mitsubishi-tc-sst-discussion/536845-problem-sst-p-r-d-nothing-happens.html)

KOTT Jan 29, 2011 03:19 PM

Problem with SST, P/R/D nothing happens!

Today morning we tuned some stock 2008 EDM EVO X with SST
Car has installed SSP clutch disc for 400whp.
All day all was normal, i use rom from 2009 year car, we tune it and all was perfect, car goes very strong for fuly stock evo x. Boost was 22-23psi tapering to 20-19.
Than in evening easy going on road ~60mph sst goes neutral... we stopped.
P/R/D nothing happens. Car doenst go, first and R gears doesnt stuck... Car doesnt moving.
What it might be?

ugakirk Jan 29, 2011 03:27 PM

Hmm.. i don't know but would like to know the answer as well. The tune doesn't change anything with the SST computer. What kind of error messages are you getting?

KOTT Jan 29, 2011 03:45 PM

"Low pressure on 2nd gear"

SSPKris Jan 29, 2011 07:28 PM

Low pressure in 2nd gear would have to come from inside of Clutch B. Three things can cause low pressure inside of a clutch basket. You could have a snap ring that might have slipped off of the main shaft of the clutch basket. You could have a main shaft seal go bad. You also could have had one of the 2 main seals in tear in Clutch B.

Please call me if you need help with this.

Kris
SSP
605-359-7829

KOTT Jan 30, 2011 03:04 AM

Clutch discs and main seals new... from SSP
maybe wrong install...

and might it cause that car ignore R and D?

SSPKris Jan 30, 2011 08:20 AM

If I am reading your post right, you were out driving the car around with no issues. All of a sudden, the car went into protect mode and would not move.

All new parts were installed, and it will still not move. I would believe that there is something mechianical going on inside of the transmission due to installation. It sounds as if maybe a mechanical clip came out or some type of debris is blocking the movement of the Piston A.

SSPKris Jan 30, 2011 08:23 AM

I would also suggest looking at the ball and socket where the shifter cable attaches to the top of the transmission. If this ball and socket was not properly attached, it could cause the transmission not to go into any gear.

SSP

KOTT Jan 30, 2011 09:02 AM

Yes, all was same as you said.

Today morning car start well, at first time it going well, but than after 7-8miles at cruising on 6th gear at ~75-77mhp 6th gear dissapear, than car chose 5,3,1 and stops, again no any gear, in manual mode too. Swith car off, that start and again all is normal, car goes at all gears... :confused:
Something very very strage... Can it be lag of TCU???

SSP Jeremy Jan 30, 2011 09:05 AM

^^^PM sent

lousEVOxmr Jan 30, 2011 02:32 PM

""Hmm.. i don't know but would like to know the answer as well. The tune doesn't change anything with the SST computer. What kind of error messages are you getting? ""

dont even ....... lol... just .....

that is a very strange problem.....
subd,

kozmic27 Jan 31, 2011 08:47 AM

Just to clarify.
When the car is cold, it operates normally, and when it is finally up to temperature it will not operate at all?

KOTT Jan 31, 2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by kozmic27 (Post 9035463)
Just to clarify.
When the car is cold, it operates normally, and when it is finally up to temperature it will not operate at all?

no, on hot at WOT car runs well
we tune it all day with some delays and all was perfect. Than we go to other city, speed was ~80mph on 6th gear, 2-3 miles and all gears gone. Sometimes only 2,4,6 gears dissapear.

kozmic27 Feb 3, 2011 11:14 PM

I don't mean wether you are at WOT or just driving. I mean if the transmission is up to operating temperature, or if it is cool.

The small seals on the shaft are very easy to pinch during installation. If this is the case, it is possible that the transmission will operate until it gets warm enough for pressure to drop out of range, causing it to go into limp or protect. If the seal was pinched, it may have taken a while to get cut completely with operation.

It is also possible that something completely different is happening, but if I was betting, I would go with the seals getting cut/pinched.

KOTT Feb 6, 2011 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by kozmic27 (Post 9047168)
I don't mean wether you are at WOT or just driving. I mean if the transmission is up to operating temperature, or if it is cool.

The small seals on the shaft are very easy to pinch during installation. If this is the case, it is possible that the transmission will operate until it gets warm enough for pressure to drop out of range, causing it to go into limp or protect. If the seal was pinched, it may have taken a while to get cut completely with operation.

It is also possible that something completely different is happening, but if I was betting, I would go with the seals getting cut/pinched.

interesting, thx!