Notices
Modern Automotive Performance [Visit Site]

Major time delay with Modern Automotive Performance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2018, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Major time delay with Modern Automotive Performance

06 Mar 13:16PaidUnfulfilled$ 4,693.97
I've made an order back on the 6th of March... I've been updated with the dreadful delay notice and a couple of miss leading updates that promise the shipment happening in 5 to 6 days TWICE! with many spared days in between.

Now I'm not even getting any updates anymore I have no idea where my parts are and customers are getting angry on me. I can't leave the city because I don't know when the parts are going to reach and calling them helped in nothing.

I even asked them to seperate the delayed parts and send me what they have right now and i'll pay the shipping difference but they claim that the shipping company isn't giving them a shipping quote.

Now I'm just at the point where money is stuck in something that isn't moving, people are furious at me, and MAP won't answer me with a proper date of shipment.

How do I go forward from here?

I want to add more things to my order too, but I don't have the guts to do so!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wajeb Wahab
06 Mar 13:16PaidUnfulfilled$ 4,693.97
I've made an order back on the 6th of March... I've been updated with the dreadful delay notice and a couple of miss leading updates that promise the shipment happening in 5 to 6 days TWICE! with many spared days in between.

Now I'm not even getting any updates anymore I have no idea where my parts are and customers are getting angry on me. I can't leave the city because I don't know when the parts are going to reach and calling them helped in nothing.

I even asked them to seperate the delayed parts and send me what they have right now and i'll pay the shipping difference but they claim that the shipping company isn't giving them a shipping quote.

Now I'm just at the point where money is stuck in something that isn't moving, people are furious at me, and MAP won't answer me with a proper date of shipment.

How do I go forward from here?

I want to add more things to my order too, but I don't have the guts to do so!
I had the same thing happen to me, got two updates on delayed shipping, then no updates and no responses for updates. I emailed a third time asking for a refund, again no response but looked at my PayPal account and there was a refund issued. Not exactly what I was expecting from MAP.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:12 AM

They finally answered me today and AGAIN they said 2 more weeks!!! I again requested that they send what they have now (which they said everything minus the coilovers) and give me a new quote for the damn coilovers shipped alone but they again went into silent mode and didn't provide me with anything. The same lame answer that they gave first time with the same timeline that they didn't abide with! I really didn't expect this from MAP, but they definitely lost me as a customer for other orders... They didn't keep their 5 to 6 day promise, then they missed another 2 weeks, now it's been a month and a couple of days, and with this new shipping date which is 2 weeks from now it'll be 2 months!!!

I really don't understand why can't they just ship what they have now and give me 2 different shopping quotes which I agreed to pay for!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
I certainly wouldn't expect that from us, EITHER. I will say that we always appreciate the feedback, positive or negative, and look for opportunities to grow. Knowing the procedure as to how we process refunds and cancellations, we would have absolutely sent emails... many of which would have been automatic as the result of us refunding you. That to me make it seem as if we must not have your correct email entered, OR we are being sent to spam. Don't get me wrong, absolutely not trying to make excuses, BUT, if you would be kind enough to message me your order ID or your name, as it would appear in our system, I would be happy to look into the order, check to see if we were attempting communication and what might have gone wrong. Obviously, I am not happy to hear that we were not responsive and were not helpful. Our company strives to deliver the best possible customer service, but when you start to rely on automation to keep up with the volume, you can certainly find that small details can create some really bad experiences and I would like to figure out where and how this communication gap happened.

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
I had the same thing happen to me, got two updates on delayed shipping, then no updates and no responses for updates. I emailed a third time asking for a refund, again no response but looked at my PayPal account and there was a refund issued. Not exactly what I was expecting from MAP.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Sir, I wanted to personally thank you for the feedback and opportunity to look into the issues that revolved around your order. In the interest of both being transparent and also discrete, I would like to apologize for the lack of service that was clearly felt by yourself. Based on my research, I believe that you received an incorrect or inappropriate automated response that was triggered as a result for your international order. This email is designed to fire off when these conditions are met: "order is international and order is not complete at our warehouse"
The automated email that you received indicated the following: "THE DELAY ON YOUR ORDER: ITEMS FROM YOUR ORDER MUST BE ALLOCATED TO OUR WAREHOUSE TO SHIP ALL TOGETHER, PLEASE ALLOW 5-6 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE WE WILL SHIP." was not the result of a carefully calculated ETA but it was the result of an automated email that did not anticipate a special order item. Fortune Auto Coilovers that are not in stock are usually built to order...and are certainly built to order when custom upgrade features are added. At that time, I believe it should have been prudent for a representative to indicate to you that there was a build time. Looking through the communication history, I do not see that having happened either. Your expectation was likely that the delay would only be 5-6 days as indicated by the email notice above and that ETA was not realized...and certainly nowhere NEAR met.

It is for that reason that we shipped your items, as per your request, separately and we will not be billing you for additional shipping on the coilovers. Those will ship at our expense when they arrive.

I deeply regret the inconvenience and stress that this situation has caused you and we are hopeful that you will consider us in future...as we would be excited to attempt a repair of the relationship which has been fractured by these factors.

Originally Posted by Wajeb Wahab
They finally answered me today and AGAIN they said 2 more weeks!!! I again requested that they send what they have now (which they said everything minus the coilovers) and give me a new quote for the damn coilovers shipped alone but they again went into silent mode and didn't provide me with anything. The same lame answer that they gave first time with the same timeline that they didn't abide with! I really didn't expect this from MAP, but they definitely lost me as a customer for other orders... They didn't keep their 5 to 6 day promise, then they missed another 2 weeks, now it's been a month and a couple of days, and with this new shipping date which is 2 weeks from now it'll be 2 months!!!

I really don't understand why can't they just ship what they have now and give me 2 different shopping quotes which I agreed to pay for!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by maperformance
Sir, I wanted to personally thank you for the feedback and opportunity to look into the issues that revolved around your order. In the interest of both being transparent and also discrete, I would like to apologize for the lack of service that was clearly felt by yourself. Based on my research, I believe that you received an incorrect or inappropriate automated response that was triggered as a result for your international order. This email is designed to fire off when these conditions are met: "order is international and order is not complete at our warehouse"
The automated email that you received indicated the following: "THE DELAY ON YOUR ORDER: ITEMS FROM YOUR ORDER MUST BE ALLOCATED TO OUR WAREHOUSE TO SHIP ALL TOGETHER, PLEASE ALLOW 5-6 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE WE WILL SHIP." was not the result of a carefully calculated ETA but it was the result of an automated email that did not anticipate a special order item. Fortune Auto Coilovers that are not in stock are usually built to order...and are certainly built to order when custom upgrade features are added. At that time, I believe it should have been prudent for a representative to indicate to you that there was a build time. Looking through the communication history, I do not see that having happened either. Your expectation was likely that the delay would only be 5-6 days as indicated by the email notice above and that ETA was not realized...and certainly nowhere NEAR met.

It is for that reason that we shipped your items, as per your request, separately and we will not be billing you for additional shipping on the coilovers. Those will ship at our expense when they arrive.

I deeply regret the inconvenience and stress that this situation has caused you and we are hopeful that you will consider us in future...as we would be excited to attempt a repair of the relationship which has been fractured by these factors.
Finally they managed to fix everything and get the things to me. But after I spoke on Facebook and here, didn't want to do that, but had too.

Thank you
Old Apr 30, 2018, 09:05 AM
Former Sponsor

You are most welcome, sir!