EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Modern Automotive Performance (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/modern-automotive-performance-316/)
-   -   MAP Ported Intake Manifold (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/modern-automotive-performance/427194-map-ported-intake-manifold.html)

dambikeracer Jun 14, 2009 12:39 AM

MAP Ported Intake Manifold

How does your intake manifolds match up againest, AMS, Buschur, and Driven Innovations?

Bob@MAPerf Jun 15, 2009 08:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by dambikeracer (Post 7169425)
How does your intake manifolds match up againest, AMS, Buschur, and Driven Innovations?

Thanks for the interest in our porting solutions!

We currently offer two versions of the Evo manifolds, a Rev2 and a Rev3, so I will do my best to explain the differences. (more info can be viewed here: http://www.maperformance.com/evo-vii...ake-manifolds/ )

For starters, the Rev2 is most like some of what you may have seen out there in the market already, but done the MAP way... done right. Our runners and plenum in the Rev2 are fully ported, not just the first 2-3" like most of the 'competition' we have seen. Why do you think they only take pics of runners from a steep angle? To hide the fact they haven't gotten the full runner, that's why. :cool:

We have seen +27whp/36tq at ~4k on a stock turbo car, with his data logs showing an improvement in boost response (spool when down by ~75rpm if I recall correctly) and NO loss anywhere in the curve.

For the Rev3, this is setup and designed for the person wanting the utmost in a stock manifold. This has a reworked plenum and dividers that allow for over 34% more even flow between the runners (better flow balance), while picking up nearly 30CFM on the entire manifold. This same manifold was showcased in the stock ECU record test where Kasey from Spoolinuptuning was manifold limited and couldn't pick up any more power, bolted on our Rev3 Manifold and gained an instant (and impressive!) 49whp {thumbup} After he finished his tune with the new manifold, he was over 100whp higher than what he started with.

Essentially, we feel that we are bringing the best portwork available to the market for you. We do the appropriate testing, both on the flow bench and in the real world, and it is performed by me or one of my highly trained apprentices. I have been doing nothing but porting and ceramics for a long long time now, and I eat, sleep and breathe airflow.

Let me know what you think or if you still have any doubts that the MAP porting solutions are nothing less than the best :cool:

-Bob

Levar Jul 28, 2009 05:17 AM

Bob, for the Rev3, should I also get the upgraded 65mm throttle body or does the intake manfold cover it all?

Bob@MAPerf Jul 29, 2009 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo (Post 7329439)
Bob, for the Rev3, should I also get the upgraded 65mm throttle body or does the intake manfold cover it all?

We generally match the Rev3 manifolds to a 65mm TB (can do others on request) as that seems to be the popular choice. They will still provide significant gains even on the stock TB, but there definately is merit to upgrading the TB as well. {thumbup}

ASAPPerformance Jul 29, 2009 06:56 AM

Definitely a great job by Bob on these intakes, we got a shipment and just the look of them and the quality of work is top notch. {thumbup} for you, I'm very impressed.

ASAPPerformance

ChrisCarey Jul 29, 2009 07:59 AM

Thank you sir :)

Levar Jul 29, 2009 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bob@MAPerf (Post 7334099)
We generally match the Rev3 manifolds to a 65mm TB (can do others on request) as that seems to be the popular choice. They will still provide significant gains even on the stock TB, but there definately is merit to upgrading the TB as well. {thumbup}

Thanks, Bob. I have a used OEM TB that I'm about to buy for $100. I appreciate it.

Tonba Oct 3, 2009 10:07 PM

Do you guys match the Rev 2 to a 65mm MIL.SPEC T/B??

Im building a 2.3L motor with full head porting, 1mm oversize valves, Kelford 272's and a Trust T67 turbo, and Im looking to get a little bit of work on the TB and intake manifold...

What do you think of porting & coating the Turbine housing of the T67-25G? Do you think it is worth while?? I have been told by others that its not really worth it as the trust turbine housing is generally a good unit...

ChrisCarey Oct 5, 2009 08:06 AM

We certainly do! In regards to the turbine housing we have yet to see one that couldn't benefit from portwork and ceramics, but the significance or power gains would be hard to estimate from application to application...

Tonba Oct 6, 2009 12:43 AM

What about the difference between the REV 2 & REV 3 intake manifold jobs?

Do you have any pictures of the rev 2?

pwdrtoastman Oct 6, 2009 04:45 AM

your porting looks sexy as ****..i'm glad you tried to work on our disi motors, even if they are crap!

ChrisCarey Oct 6, 2009 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tonba (Post 7580599)

I'm not sure that we do sir, but I will work on that. The runners will be exactly the same as the Rev3, the only difference will be the shaping, etc in the plenum but we still rework everything that can be seen :)

Tonba Oct 6, 2009 02:01 PM

OH sweet. Ill get back to you, as I need to order some more parts for my engine build..

Bob@MAPerf Oct 7, 2009 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tonba (Post 7580599)

As Chris already stated, the Rev2/3 runners are identical (from what you can reach from the flange side) and the majority of the plenum wall is the same, but the major difference between the two is the reshaping and balancing of the runners in the Rev3's. Expect no imbalance fixes in the Rev2, just overall airflow improvements. {thumbup}

-Bob

rolly1818 Oct 7, 2009 08:05 AM

so i am guessing rev 2 is ideal for stock turbo applications? or is the rev 3 suitable as well?

any losses on the stock turbo for rev 3?