Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Mitsubishi U.S. Rally TEAM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2002, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it cost a $1,000,000 to grow a rally driver? Yes I said " ONE MILLION DOLLARS." I could grow you into a rally driver with $1,000,000. Keep reading magazines and official press releases. Don't believe the crying and excuses because of a lack of support by Mitsubishi. People who know, know. You don't!!! Now, Let me ask you this. Boy wonder, D
Old Jul 3, 2002, 03:50 AM

Talking

Rabbit Dog Does it cost a $1,000,000 to grow a rally driver? Yes I said " ONE MILLION DOLLARS." I could grow you into a rally driver with $1,000,000. Keep reading magazines and official press releases. Don't believe the crying and excuses because of a lack of support by Mitsubishi. People who know, know. You don't!!! Now, Let me ask you this. Boy wonder, DO YOU RALLY? BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT, YOU'RE IMAGINATION IS YOU'RE ONLY LIMIT. IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE @ THE RIGHT TIME, YOU GO ANYWERE. I UNDERSTAND YOU DO NOT CARE THAT RHYS IS REPRESENTING, I CAN RESPECT THAT. IF YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH, YOU DON'T NEED ONE MILLION DOLLARS TO MAKE COMPETIVE CAR. ONCE AGAIN, IT IS ALL ABOUT BIG BUSINESS. DON'T BELIVE EVERYTHING YOU READ, UNTIL YOU SEE IT FOR YOURSELF. This will be my last reply, until then. I don't need to read the mags. I prefur to make-em. Until then, I will see you at the rally.

Peace out
Old Jul 4, 2002, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

ONE MILLEN DOLLARS. He won Pikes Peak 6 times before. Why cut slack now.Oh yea someone else was in the class this year!
Old Jul 4, 2002, 10:51 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

raul, why so much hostility towards Rhys??? It wouldn't be so bad if you had valid reasoning, but you just say he's bad and come up with reasons like other people in the competition are why he lost, etc. At least be fair.

Mark
Old Jul 4, 2002, 11:03 PM

Mitsubishi's US effort.. a waste?

Well, I have to agree with all of you over your points of discussion. Rhyce is obviously a good shoe, a fast driver. But how his team managed to take THE most reliable rally car in history and make it unreliable is beyond me. I have been rallying for almost 20years and there seems to have been a few short cuts taken that have affected the team, showing up it unprofessional side. Like leaving the bolt out of the lower control arm, and not even getting to the start of the rally for the evo 7.

Why Mitsu went with Rhyce we will never know, he has a few drives under his belt, but nothing to mention with honor, no continual series involvement, more just play, "and wow, look we did well against all the other less HP-powered cars...".

There are far more teams out there, and drivers who couldve done somethign for the Mitsu and THEIR $$$ in return of a ride. John Kemp is one guy who should not have been overlooked! HE has a lot of experience on ALL US stages and rallies, he could choose the tires, spec the suspension, and ran with the big guys, as he does with his very worn out Audi 4000. John wouldve made Mits proud, not have them explain why their payign some guy to have some fun, that never finishedmost events. Kemp, and Sprongle wouldve been perfect, as wouldve Murry, and Mike at tAD for Mitsu $$. At least the knowledge wouldve been there. Right now Mitsu is getting burned by paying amateurs to learn, and figure out what breaks on cars!! Not good.

My name's Jeff Denmeade, I am 36 years of age, I have rallied in Australia, NZ< Europe, and UK, and Ireland. I did my first US rally (after they allowed pace notes) in TN this year. had a blast. We did fall to 42 position after rear suspension broke, and a bad tire choice but pulled back to 13th overall from that 42nd position in three stages. Out next event is Targa Newfoundland - I am at Tarmac man - then next year we hope to be doing 80% of the Us series in my evo 6.5. Rhyce has more experience than me on those stages, but I can't wait till next season gets going, get warmed up, and put my fight where my mouth is... on the Stage! See you out there Rhyce...
Old Jul 4, 2002, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Mitsubishi's US effort.. a waste?

Originally posted by jeffdmeade@aol.
Right now Mitsu is getting burned by paying amateurs to learn, and figure out what breaks on cars!! Not good.
exactly
Old Jul 4, 2002, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Like I said. People who know, know. I always seem to get backed by people who rally or know rallying or people who rally. People who don't know respond with "Reese for Presdent." Again he can drive but I told you guys this **** was going to happen this way and that is what bothered me from the start. I don't hate just know people who know this sport and people in it. Reese only races when some else pays the bills! Hence payed to have fun. I know guys with heart who raced rally on their salary a teachers, truck drivers and electricians. All for love of the sport. Others need ONE MILLION reasons or they stay home and not even run divisional races for fun.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:16 AM

The Money Mitsu is putting behind the relengated Millen effort is truly being waisted! Not only from RMR's side of a poor showing, but they are not even building awareness of their monied effort behind him with their marketing of both their efforts. Actually, I just answered my own question - there has been nothing worth mentioning. But! They can build awareness of what they are trying to achieve in all this, if they do not, then they are merely funding someone's fun.

They need to get in bed with Sprongle - who has built a few evos, or TAD who can build the cars blind. TAD then, with Mitsu's help selects a driver. sets a budget, tells that driver they need to come up with a certain $$ towards budget, then mitsu goes and plans some marketing to assist their effort, with press releases etc., I know all this is new to US manufacturers. But it is the way it's done. How do you think Coultardt, and Makinen are house-hold names around the world. Marketing, and press releases.
Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

With all that money They didn't even Pay for the GROUP2 Lancer to Run at Rim of the World. Lauchlin O Sullivan had to pay for it himself. Why because I know someone that was on his crew at RIM and they were all volunteering for him. RMR didn't even help him until EVOs broke and then they wanted to help him. WHAT THE F@@#$K IS THAT.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOW! It is unfortunate that things have not gone good this year for Mitsubishi. Maybe the rest of the year will be more fruitful. New car should be sorted out soon an then Mitsubishi can put a little hurt on SCOOBIES.

ROAD/RACE
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/