Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

4 EVO's needed to get ROBI to NJ/PA area.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 EVO's needed to get ROBI to NJ/PA area.

I'm organizing a Suspension Tuning day for EVO's, where Robi (from www.robispec.com) will fly out to NJ/PA and work on up to four other cars. I'm paying for his ticket to NJ/PA and the shipping of his specialty tools, but I ask you contribute $75 if you sign up to get any work done.

Why waste $$$ on tires & track time when ROBI can get you 95% there in a day.

What: Robi Suspension Tuning

ROBI, is In New Jersey and is tonight, working on my MR...

When: Dates are May Wed 10th, Thr May11th and returning on Mon May 14th and Tues 15th if needed.
Why: Faster 1/4 mile, Faster Lap / Auto-X Time, Better Car Control

The cost for people is for whatever you want done as listed below, plus the contribution towards setting up the event. The menu (all prices inlcude parts, labor, and shipping):
  1. Espilir GT Springs ($400)
  2. Rear Sway-Bar ($250)
  3. Rear Bushings ($175)
  4. Rear Bump Steer Correction ($195)
  5. Roll Fenders to fit 275 tires ($300)
  6. Custom Alignment ($180)
  7. Corner Weighing ($250)
Robi also offers other non-suspension stuff (like underbody aero panels, brake cooling ducts, etc.) Call Robi with special request / questions (or post in this thread)

MACHC5

1. MACHC5
2. Mr MR
3. 4G63>0000
4. Ringmeister
5. BillAce
6. Slowbaru
7. Dogxxx
8. Blitz118

Location is: Trenton, NJ at my Service Shop.
Where we can easy fit all 5 cars at once.

Last edited by MACHC5; May 10, 2006 at 04:30 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

I may be interested in alignment and corner weighting, i know this probably not a reasonable request, but could he revavle a set of ohlins r/t's while he's out?? i guess it would be pretty tough to get a shock dyno in his carry on luggage where in nj/pa are we talking? thanks
Old Mar 26, 2006, 08:00 PM

Trenton/Phila Area

In the Trenton, NJ Phila, PA vicinty with possibly some track day time at POCONO or Watkins Glen afterwards if we can tie into a trackday event.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

You beat me to posting this thread, I am down too. Sooner the better for me, since my auotx season starts this Sat.

I want my car corner weighted, custom alignment, rear bushings and bump steer, fender rolling. Spoke to Robi a few weeks ago about this, but hesitated because I didn't have 4 people.

I can also offer a place to do this, garage next to my office. It is a transmission shop with 3 lifts and air tools. For a small price we can use all weekend. So I think we can accomdate 4 people. My place is 10 minutes from the Willow Grove exit of the PA Turnpike in Warminster.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mr. MR
You beat me to posting this thread, I am down too. Sooner the better for me, since my auotx season starts this Sat.

I want my car corner weighted, custom alignment, rear bushings and bump steer, fender rolling. Spoke to Robi a few weeks ago about this, but hesitated because I didn't have 4 people.

I can also offer a place to do this, garage next to my office. It is a transmission shop with 3 lifts and air tools. For a small price we can use all weekend. So I think we can accomdate 4 people. My place is 10 minutes from the Willow Grove exit of the PA Turnpike in Warminster.
-what is involved with bump steer, and bushings, why rear only? i am definitely interested in at least an alignment if i t can be done over a weekend.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, the prices seem steep for alignment and cornerweighting... if it wasn't for that I'd be down.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 05:16 PM

Please remember that old saying: It cost money to go fast.

And it'll cost alot more $$ money when you loop your car because you pushed it beyond it's normal "Factory Setting" of handling.

Yes, Most will never drive their car hard enough to need ROBI Suspension Tuning.

But then there are some, like myself, who need and want every little bit they can get out of a car.

1 more car needed...

Last edited by MACHC5; Apr 1, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

I just had Robert to work on my car in North Carolina, those prices are well worth it. He is truely a professional, and very sharp about evo suspensions.

Chris
Old Mar 29, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

I think get your car aligned and getting your car aligned proper are to different things for anyone who is competing with their car. My car has been aligned quite a few times, but I know there is much room for improvement. Search Robispec and read some his past customers comments. There are guys in the area who do this, but no one with his experience and proven know how in setting up an Evo. So paying a premium for labor that is done right and I will see noticeable results when I autox or goto the track works for me.

On another note I have Zeal Function V6 coilovers from Works, I wonder what Robi can do with helping me with them. I think they are probably good to go with spting rates and valving, but curious if Robi has different opinion. My car is my daily driver that acts as a race car on weekends. So my settings have to be somewhat liveable during the week. I wonder if there is a reliable way to go from street setting to race setting and back to street for the ride home without screwing up the alignment. I have been totally unsuccessful in doing this and have ruined 2 sets of tires since I got the V6's on the car.

2 more people and we can firm this up, what about location? Should I arange for the place next to mine or did MachC5 have a different idea (since it is his thread).
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah^ any more specifics on date and location?
Old Mar 30, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

I'd like to know what goes into the bump steer correction, and why the fender rolling is so damn expensive?

Scorke
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:06 PM

Ok Guys,

I can't firm up any dates until we have the required number of cars committed for ROBI to do.

So that said: the sooner we have the cars, the sooner we'll have a date to do...

Let's please hurry, as time is flying & wasting away on my Trackdays Calender.
MACHC5
Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 'ringmeister
-what is involved with bump steer, and bushings, why rear only? i am definitely interested in at least an alignment if i t can be done over a weekend.
special bushing changes the geometry of the rear toe link which then almost eliminates the rear wheel's designed toe in at extreem "Bump" this causes the car to start pushing from the excessive toe in the rear (part of the suspension design) which saves John Q Public from swapping ends going for groceries...I also have a steering rack kit but dropping the crossmember is a B***h 150 for the kit 200 to install...gets the rack in better alignment with the lower arm and minimizes "bump steer in the front end geometry.

I bring over 4K worth of alignment tools (the kind they certify your "normal" laser computer alignment rack with) and can get the rear to front alignment to within 30 seconds of 1 minute of a degree. with alignments YGWYPF...
Old Mar 31, 2006, 02:28 AM
Former Sponsor

first weekend of June is now out...got to be the last weekend of may..
Old Mar 31, 2006, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Robi, any earlier dates in May, like first or second weekend? I am sure we will find 2 more shortly and will be ready.

What other bushings/kits do you suggest for the front end, I have nothing done to mine.

Quick Reply: 4 EVO's needed to get ROBI to NJ/PA area.