Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Evolutions lead the Rally America Championship

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evolutions lead the Rally America Championship

I didn't realize it before I read this article, but Evolutions are dominating the Rally America overall standings right now. We'll see what happens after the Olympus Rally in April, but it's interesting to see the results right now.

http://www.rallybuzz.com/olympus-rally-preview/

Excerpt from Rallybuzz:

"There is a tie for the lead in the Rally America point standings entering the Olympus Rally. Surprisingly, neither is competing in the all-conquering Subarus, but in two different versions of the Mitsubishis EVO.

NOS Energy’s Andrew Comrie-Picard in his Mitsubishi Evolution IX and Rockstar Energy’s Tanner Foust, driving a Libra Racing-built 2009 Mitsubishi Evolution X, are tied at 31 points each.

The two Subaru Rally Team USA drivers, Red Bull’s Travis Pastrana, and Monster Energy’s Ken Block have each emerged victorious in the first two races in the Rally America Championship, but find themselves tied for second place in the standings with 23 points.

Third place in the championship is another tie, just one point back, between Andi Mancin and Bill Bacon, both behind the wheel of Mitsubishi Evos.

Matt Johnson and Dave Mirra, both driving Subaru WRX STIs will be challenged by Piotr Wiktorczyk with his Mitsubishi Evolution. They will battle it out for the win in the new Super Production class."

Last edited by Ananda; Mar 26, 2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Took out IMG link
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

There's quite a few to go, with only 2 on the season on the boards. Hopefully ACP can stay on top. Pastrana is the 3 time defending champion, so don't prematurely count him out.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Good to see Rally America is interesting once again and not all the subaru whoring.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Oh there will still be whoring. Subaru is a primary sponsor.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Go ACP!! I'm proud to be doing their engine and tuning program. Now if I can talk Andrew into a few new goodies I think we can see another 40-50whp gain.....
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on your engine working so well! Isn't he supposed to be bringing out the ten sometime this year, the one from targa?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

F yeah *****es!