Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

My first 2 races – Super Touring @ CS – March 28/29 – Video and Pics

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Good to see more people getting involved in ST, My car is mostly preped chassis and suspenion wise but i'm still taking weight out and need to tune the HP once I find that out, but my end goal is the same. Gratz bro!
Thanks! What region you race in?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GarySheehan
Very nice, Ed!

Welcome to the club

Gary Sheehan
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.garysheehan.com
Thanks a bunch Gary! Means a lot to hear it from someone like you. I would definitely love it if you came out for a race of mine. And i know BRP isnt too far from you!!! And guess where my next 2 races are!

April 25-26: BRP (Buttonwillow Raceway Park)
Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 286bhp
I have always been curious about what it is like to get into racing. Please post updates as your season progresses!

Good Luck!
Thank you very much. I dont post my results here, other than when i went to Nationals for TTA. I figured people are more into the time attack events, but ill post here from now on also.

Last edited by Bueller; Apr 3, 2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Bueller
Thanks! What region you race in?
Dunno yet as I had to move to Arkansas for work right when I was ready, so i'm flying back and forth to FL for track days but i'm gonna have to bring the car here eventually, and Texas region is the closest one, and they only have one event a year at Hallett, so i'm still researching what to do. You SoCal guys got it made

Last edited by Balrok; Apr 3, 2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Dunno yet as I had to move to Arkansas for work right when I was ready, so i'm flying back and forth to FL for track days but i'm gonna have to bring the car here eventually, and Texas region is the closest one, and they only have one event a year at Hallett, so i'm still researching what to do. You SoCal guys got it made
Actually, id say the Norcal guys got it made. Nice cool weather, and they get to race at Infineon, not 1 weekend but 5 weekends this year!!! But the grass is not supposed to be greener on the other side, so you never know.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Next step WIN some Hoosiers!!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Happy to hear that your first weekend went well.

Best of luck this year!

_____
Jason
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apex electric
Next step WIN some Hoosiers!!
Thanks dave. Anything is possible, but i doubt that will happen this year. Once all the ST2 cars show up, just getting a podium will be a major achievement in itself, especially since im a rookie. The regulars here in ST2 are 10+ Mazda GTs. They are tube-frame chassis really light weight cars. Besides them there are 2 T1 Vettes that are planning to run with us, and a few others that have shown interest. One of the T1 Vettes ran the season opener already. Both of them are really fast and experienced. Besides the fact that i dont have the amount of experience they have, i have estimated my cars weight/power ratio to be around 9.31 for now. With my mod factors, i can be as low as 8.45, so as you can see, im underpowered for now given my CW. Even if i get my weight/power to where it needs to be, i will still be at a disadvantage given the fact that im a rookie. But, this is all great for me because i can learn plenty from these guys.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Barfly30
Happy to hear that your first weekend went well.

Best of luck this year!

_____
Jason
Thanks Jason. Keep in touch. Btw, if you didnt know, i dont have my cell phone. Need to get it replaced. Best way to touch base with me is through email for now.