Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Why doesn't anyone professional race Evo's?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not just support, but when is it going to air? I'd love to watch WRC or ALMS, BTCC etc etc on TV but its shown sparodically at best. The big sponsors aren't going to come if they won't get big coverage to go along with it, and non prime time cable coverage isn't going to do it.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
So we get someone like motorsport TV or whatever that Site was called that started doing the club-level product reviews. It's VERY easy to broadcast live video over the Internet now adays, you could do simple 1 camera broadcasts to in car details like Nascar has. Hell didn't D-Sport cover one of the Time-Attacks? Still it'll cost a lot to do it, I think we'll have to have the series in place before coverage will come. So we'll be time-attacking for the next 5 to 10 years before the field gets big enough then it'll transisition into real motorsport racing with the same coverage.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corporate media should include Auto Week and a title magazine sponsor. Then as interest builds a national cable TV program. Only the most successful pro series can expect network coverage. I would not expect my NASA ST-2 Evo 8 to challenge a factory effort but it would help build the series till a full field of factory backed competitors could emerge. As would a dozen other Evo race cars across the country!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wtz
Hey Marty,
Where did you see that the Evo is limited to 15 lbs. of boost in World-Challenge?
Cheers,
It doesnt have the restrictor size yet but does have the boost in millibars, 15.2 to be exact.

http://www.world-challenge.com/files...ix_A_Ver_1.pdf

mb to psi calculator

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculatorPressure.htm

Marty
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
It doesnt have the restrictor size yet but does have the boost in millibars, 15.2 to be exact.

http://www.world-challenge.com/files...ix_A_Ver_1.pdf

mb to psi calculator

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculatorPressure.htm

Marty
Hrm, it's saying .22, that can't mean 22psi can it?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apex electric
ALMS drivers require Indy car physical fitness. I would assume their day job is to work out in a gym 6 hrs a day. I still state Evolutions should be professionally raced in a AWD series. The popularity of the battle between Mitsubishi and Subaru should be promoted in a road race series. NASA should be approached to research the corporate interest in marketing a AWD road race series with sponsorship from a auto loan financial firm. These two company's wish to sell cars to a enthusiastic customer base. I believe a race series comprising AWD sports cars would boost car sales for these car manufactures. Rules can be created to allow all AWD car manufactures with AWD sports cars to compete together. Whether Volvo, Audi, Subaru, Mitsubishi to Porsche. Can you imagine the battles we would see having 30 AWD race cars racing on a wet track! ALMS top level series is so costly that only 6 prototype race cars are competing this season. Last year there were 11. I believe a manufacture supported AWD series would be a cost effective means to continue building their fan base and increase sales of AWD cars. I was talking to a friends wife who is looking to buy a new car. She is torn between buying a hybrid or a Subaru. I explained that a Subaru will cost more to run buying gas at ? price per gallon. Compare the extra cost in gas to the security knowing the Subaru will get you home safe through winter storms. Till new technology allows AWD cars to increase there mpg, customers need to see and understand the benefit of AWD. So lets find a sanctioning body, car manufactures, financial loan company and a tire sponsor. Bridgestone, Chase Auto Finance, Mitsubishi, Subaru and NASA would get the tires rolling!
Dave, you can count me in.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Hrm, it's saying .22, that can't mean 22psi can it?

1050mb = 15.228963 psi
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MML just announced that they are entering an X RS in WRC without any manufacturer support. See here: http://www.mml-sports.com/index.php?...d=37&Itemid=46

here's the previous car earlier this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DszaZl7F8y0
Old Apr 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Galant VR-4 #34
1050mb = 15.228963 psi
Ah, i took your 15.2 from earlier, knew it was wrong Damn, will the car even run on 15 lol.