Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Let's see YOUR track Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:19 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
^

Damn, incredible hulk green!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:38 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UMSTuning
Here is the latest revision on my car, just lost an engine so a fresh build is in progress...

What is it with GTA and motors?

I just finished rebuilding mine from the NJMP event back in August. Tad slow, but its running...
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Splitter looks good Tony, Notice a difference after install I imagine?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damnnnnnn, very nice. what bumper is that, custom mold i'm guessing? i love the interior too, very clean setup.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some really nice cars in here!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=UMSTuning;10529753]Here is the latest revision on my car, just lost an engine so a fresh build is in progress...

QUOTE]

Awesome! Driving from the rear seat?
Is that just for better weight distribution; is it harder to see out the windshield/ windows?
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

The bumper is an AIT Racing I-Spec filled in. The splitter definitely helped me win TTR at FIR main. Driving back that far is really cool, better feel for what the back end is doing, and since I'm a fat kid, moving me back really helps weight distribution since I'm nearly 10% of the cars weight! Thanks for the kind words guys!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Do you guys prefer having your seat "on the ground"?

I have my seat pretty high up, and I like feeling "over the car" so to say - similar when I'm go-karting. I'm only 5'6, so I can throw a rubber seat under my *** at the gokarts, and feel much better, and produce better laptimes.

I'm skeptical of lowering the seat, but I've been meaning to try it out.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm just over 6', but my upper torso is tall, so I lowered the seats in my cage build as much as possible for helmet clearance. I miss the commanding view, especially for autox (less so at the track), but it's usually a necessity for most for head clearance. Also helps lower CoG somewhat, too.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EJEvo
I'm just over 6', but my upper torso is tall, so I lowered the seats in my cage build as much as possible for helmet clearance. I miss the commanding view, especially for autox (less so at the track), but it's usually a necessity for most for head clearance. Also helps lower CoG somewhat, too.
Ah, I see.

I've been told you get a much better feel at the track (road course) with a lower setup - not sure if this is true or not. I guess since I'm used to, and have had good luck with, a higher setup, I'm a little hesitant to try a lower setup.

What is CoG?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FilthyEvo
Ah, I see.

I've been told you get a much better feel at the track (road course) with a lower setup - not sure if this is true or not. I guess since I'm used to, and have had good luck with, a higher setup, I'm a little hesitant to try a lower setup.

What is CoG?
COG = Center of Gravity.

If you look at how race cars are often set up, the driver, and in some cases passenger, is seated low and far back as possible. One for weight distribution, an other is of course cog. I also believe in having the seat as far back as possible for safety reasons; being by the b-pillar. I'm 5'5, and I have my seat as low as it can go, where I can barely give a point-by over the roof of the car.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was nevous about losing the outward vision, but it was easy to get used to.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
For AutoX, I sit pretty high. I like to be able to see (out of the corner of my eye) the cone when its at the front bumper.

For Road-Course, I sit MUCH lower. It’s not crucial to see how close you are to cones, plus you are looking much further ahead.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

I love this thread! Mine isnt as at the level of most of the cars in here but here is what i have anyway.

Name:  _MG_3832.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  215.6 KB
Name:  _MG_3833.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  231.2 KB
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chu
COG = Center of Gravity.

If you look at how race cars are often set up, the driver, and in some cases passenger, is seated low and far back as possible. One for weight distribution, an other is of course cog. I also believe in having the seat as far back as possible for safety reasons; being by the b-pillar. I'm 5'5, and I have my seat as low as it can go, where I can barely give a point-by over the roof of the car.
LOL, duh! Should've known that.

Ah, I see now! Makes total sense. I'm sure you sit very close to the steering wheel, like myself, right?

I'll have to go for a spin and test out how it feels.

Originally Posted by EJEvo
I was nevous about losing the outward vision, but it was easy to get used to.
Awesome to hear.

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
For AutoX, I sit pretty high. I like to be able to see (out of the corner of my eye) the cone when its at the front bumper.

For Road-Course, I sit MUCH lower. It’s not crucial to see how close you are to cones, plus you are looking much further ahead.
I'm the same way. I feel like I can see the cone up until the very last second, which is good.

Well, now you guys have me looking forward to changing up my seat position; thanks!

Quick Reply: Let's see YOUR track Evo