Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Stage Rally Racing in Up State NY - Black River Stages 9.23 & 24

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage Rally Racing in Up State NY - Black River Stages 9.23 & 24

Come out and watch some Stage Rally Racing in Up State New Yorkl! Black River Stages is back on September 23rd and 24th, based out of Harrisville, NY (east of Watertown). This is the penultimate round of the Atlantic Rally Cup which heads to Rallye de Charlevoix in Clermont, Quebec October 22nd.

There are currently over 40 cars and bikes on the entry list and the race will take place on some of that best roads of the year. It’s free to come out and spectate or you could sign up to volunteer and you'll get the best spots on the course to watch the cars and bikes slide by. You don't need any experience to volunteer. To register, sign up @ http://NASARallySport.com/nrsdb

Every event needs volunteers so please help out if you can. The event website with the schedule, entry list, directions and everything else you'll need to know is at: www.blackriverstages.com

RoumKoTeam is signed up in a EVO 8.5 and there will be a new build EVO 9 as well as a freshly built EVO X with Natalie Richard co driving. We'll be there in our Impreza trying to take it to STi's and EVO's for the Overall win.

Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i was really planning to run this this year... But my engine rebuild and car rebuild cost too much, also i will have to leave to Switzerland for 5 weeks, so i have to skipp this. Next year is a definite for us.

Good luck guys and be safe.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 03:12 PM

I was going to call you out for not being on the entry list Rob, but knew you had a "good" reason not to be there this year.

Nice run at CTTC btw. Haven't seen you since.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

I will be on the entry list next year
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and thanks
Old Sep 6, 2011, 11:22 AM

Still need some more volunteer spots filled. Please come help out if you can! No experience required.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Wish I could be here for this... Watertown local, but goin to michigan for a snowmobile race..

Been in years past and I had a knarly quad accident on loop rd. some fast roads!
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:40 AM

For anyone on the fence or not familiar with what a volunteer does, descriptions of each job are at: http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/volunteering

Still need some more Marshall's, come out and help if you can.

Last edited by rally93; Sep 14, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

Wish i lived closer, i would be all over some rally...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I want to come out and spectate... I'm a noob and could potentially volunteer. I'm going to see what my schedule looks like... who do I need to talk to?

Actually... I can only make it (possibly) on Saturday... will it still be worth checking out?

Last edited by ProPilot04; Sep 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:32 PM

Saturday is still worth it. There may be a few less cars after the first day (especially with night stages), but there is a huge field so you'll still see tons of cars (and bikes).

There's a Parc Expose (car show) in Harrisville on saturday or you could see cars at the finish if you want to see stuff up close.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rally93
Saturday is still worth it. There may be a few less cars after the first day (especially with night stages), but there is a huge field so you'll still see tons of cars (and bikes).

There's a Parc Expose (car show) in Harrisville on saturday or you could see cars at the finish if you want to see stuff up close.
Alright... things are looking good to make it out. Gotta get the camping stuff together or find a place to stay.

I imagine that I'll not get to volunteer though, since I'll be arriving a bit late.

What do you suggest we bring? (<--- first timers here)
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:34 PM

I'd still offer your services when you get there if your into it. You never know what they might need.

As far as being prepped for the event, be prepared to be in the woods for a couple hours: water, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.

It's a somewhat convenient location (in terms of a rally) so you won't be completely isolated, but I would recommend bringing food with you for dinner. Either from home or make a stop in Watertown. There isn't much in the way of spots to eat. BUT if you volunteer you get to come to the awards dinner and eat garbage can chicken (which sounds gross, but is really really good).
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rally93
I'd still offer your services when you get there if your into it. You never know what they might need.

As far as being prepped for the event, be prepared to be in the woods for a couple hours: water, sunscreen, bug spray, etc.

It's a somewhat convenient location (in terms of a rally) so you won't be completely isolated, but I would recommend bringing food with you for dinner. Either from home or make a stop in Watertown. There isn't much in the way of spots to eat. BUT if you volunteer you get to come to the awards dinner and eat garbage can chicken (which sounds gross, but is really really good).
You damn rallyists and your mystery meats. Who's bringing the bovril?

Anyway... I'll be out there (god willing) late Friday, and I'll be there all day on Saturday.

If you have any recommendations for totally awesome spots to spectate... let me know (GPS coordinates through google are fine) otherwise... I'll work it out.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ProPilot04
You damn rallyists and your mystery meats. Who's bringing the bovril?

Anyway... I'll be out there (god willing) late Friday, and I'll be there all day on Saturday.

If you have any recommendations for totally awesome spots to spectate... let me know (GPS coordinates through google are fine) otherwise... I'll work it out.
the best spectator areas are only reachable for every one, if you are "working" in the rally.

Quick Reply: Stage Rally Racing in Up State NY - Black River Stages 9.23 & 24