Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

First time autocrossing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that looks like a painfully small autocross. Even though the sky is significatly wider than the evo, I would've chosen it for that course just for the ability to rotate the back end.

Just to give you an idea, here is a vid from a recent National Tour in Blytheville, AR.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BBW48#p/u/6/i6hdF78RnrE

There are some world-class drivers in PA FYI.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
yeah that is a pretty small/slow course. I'm usually in top of 2nd and even 3rd gear at most events. That’s when stuff gets really fun.

For your 1st year, learn on a slower, un-modded car. That skye sounds like it would be a handful and will make it difficult to learn car control.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I did the right thing running the Evo. The Sky actually may have been more fun, but I would have done more poorly with it based on my learning right now. I hit mid-2nd gear, bearing in mind I'm an SST not a manual.

The Sky is a handful, and it will soon be more purposefully built to drag, so I'm not going to get 3 sets of rims for it

This is my first/only autocross this year, I hope to do 3 or 4 next year, a couple "real" ones + there will be this one again, potentially with a longer/better course next year.