Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

CYBER EVO retired? Replaced with CYBER GTR!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool article. It would drive me wild to get beat by THAT car. It looks seriously hacked.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Amazing article.

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
Cool article. It would drive me wild to get beat by THAT car. It looks seriously hacked.
Looks perfect to me. The perfect combination of well thought-out mods for the most part. There are a couple things I would change, and HAVE changed with my TT/TA car. The main one being the myriad computers and piggy backs controlling everything in the Cyber EVO. My theory is KISS. Also, for the roll cage I would use something a bit more substantial if I were the driver. Just 25 pounds of tubing would add a LOT of structural rigidity/safety to that cage I think.

Questions for y'all in the know - the aluminum hood and door hinges, are they one-offs or aftermarket units that mere mortals could buy? Same for the rear billet suspension knuckle. . .

Reading this article and seeing the pictures gave me a whole new drive to optimize my EVO - it IS themed after the Cyber Evo of course!

Last edited by EVOlutionary; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about the rear knuckles, but you can get billet front ones from MSI in Canada:

http://www.mooresport.com/produit.php?prod_id=67
Old Mar 29, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
I have not seen much for billet hubs for evos except for the ones Spyros made (which are $2kea).

I think there is more into that cyber evo that seen from the pics. Isnt that car like 2300lbs?

i dont see it as magical or anything like everyone makes it sound. its super light, lots of aero, 295 super-secret tires, and 500whp. and driven by someone that has lots of experience.

very cool though. lots of time (and money) put into that car.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Incredible article, I'm so excited to see Cyber Evo running again. I'm very surprised by the amount of factory sheet metal on that car. Sure the cage is ridiculous but the rest of the car is pretty legit and not insanely outside our ability to make. I also read the article on the Blue Steel BNR Skyline build Eric is working on for WTA2012... its going to be another good year. I just wish the Sierra Sierra team was willing to give it another year.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Looks perfect to me.
It may be fast but the craftsmanship is quite poor.... on many levels. Their execution on many levels is pretty astoundingly bad. I'm surprised it does as well as it does... by looking at the car I wouldn't have thought it wouldn't be as fast given the build quality.

That being said... it's light and fast.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
It may be fast but the craftsmanship is quite poor.... on many levels. Their execution on many levels is pretty astoundingly bad. I'm surprised it does as well as it does... by looking at the car I wouldn't have thought it wouldn't be as fast given the build quality.

That being said... it's light and fast.
It just goes to show how light weight, dialed in suspension, and moderate power in the hands of an expert can do amazing things. I agree its a pretty rough looking build under the covers, but results are what count.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by blackenedwings
but results are what count.
this is very true. Its in some weird way nice to see a car that isnt fully custom fabricated to the max. lots of factory and off the shelf stuff used.

I'm very interested to see how their anti-lag will work on a road course.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOizmm
this is very true. Its in some weird way nice to see a car that isnt fully custom fabricated to the max. lots of factory and off the shelf stuff used.

I'm very interested to see how their anti-lag will work on a road course.
Yeah, I actually agree, its kind of cool to see how much can be done with what is relatively so little. It's not running insanely custom one-off parts like Chris Rado's Tc, its not really all that different from a lot of the TT/TA builds we have here on EvoM... except ours generally look nicer and move a lot slower.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Lots of scary stuff to say the least, guys got ***** to drive a car that fast with that little protection....death is almost a certainty if those tires were to break loose even once.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Balrok
Lots of scary stuff to say the least, guys got ***** to drive a car that fast with that little protection....death is almost a certainty if those tires were to break loose even once.
True, if you watch the WTA 2011 in-car footage... he drives out of his skin to reach that time too. It's really scary looking even on video.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

I had to laugh when I saw that the Cyber Evo is rocking an RS trunk bar.

l8r)
Old May 8, 2012, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

The cyber evo will once again bring home the title at wtac.