Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Purpose built track car price?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Purpose built track car price?

Wondering what all of you have paid for your already built track car? I know first hand it's way more expensive to build then to buy. Just trying to get an idea of what a built car is going for?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Legal and log book'd - $35k to $100k+
Old Dec 9, 2014, 03:44 PM

What do you mean by log booked? And legal as in cage, belts, fire system ect?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Legal and log book'd - $35k to $100k+
I've seen some decent cars go in the 20's. I'm trying to remember where, but I stumbled across a all stock power train car with a cage, related safety upgrades and suspension for less that $20k.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
it all depends on what your after:
HPDE car?
time attack?
wheel to wheel?
nasa vs scca vs ?

i have a well prepped HPDE car/low level time attack car thats probably worth $22k (and can easily be put back to a fully stock street car since nothing was cut...pm me for details! LOL)

any log booked car will be pricey, but worth it. keep in mind full cage installs are $3-5k or more. track cars are one of those things i feel like mods actually do ADD money if it is properly built/proper parts.

i feel like a couple of the well known ones were sold over the last year, and haven't seen any decently prepped car pop up since.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
its always better to buy a built car than build it yourself. You will save tons of $.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:01 PM

This I know. I have a very well prepped car sitting in my garage waiting to be put up for sale haha. My car has a 5000 dollar cage along with ams motor and shep built t case and rear diff with cusco diffs which set me back a good chunk. The car ways 2700 with me in it! I'm mainly just wondering what I could ask for it seeing as I'm into it 45-50 grand I know I can't get that but I wanna get what I can back out of it.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen track cars sit for sale and the prices just drop and drop. I'm on the edge of no return with my car, and would much rather jump into a full track car, rather than continue dumping money into my DE car… so if you want to trade, let me know!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyleh10
This I know. I have a very well prepped car sitting in my garage waiting to be put up for sale haha. My car has a 5000 dollar cage along with ams motor and shep built t case and rear diff with cusco diffs which set me back a good chunk. The car ways 2700 with me in it! I'm mainly just wondering what I could ask for it seeing as I'm into it 45-50 grand I know I can't get that but I wanna get what I can back out of it.
well you shoulda said that first . seemed like you were asking as a perspective buyer!

i don't even want to think about the actual amount of money i have into my evo including purchase price...sadly lets just say i could have put a big enough down payment on a gtr or something to have a $100 a month payment and its not even that fast!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by letMeIn
its always better to buy a built car than build it yourself. You will save tons of $.
True story. My cage is going in on Monday. Point of no return.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
You can not realistically expect to get anywhere near your investment back out of a track car.

To give you an idea, the CBRD Evo was last listed for sale at $34k. Its since sold, but I suspect the buyer talked them down a bit off the asking price. http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/cbrd...me-attack-car/
Old Dec 10, 2014, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
You can not realistically expect to get anywhere near your investment back out of a track car.

To give you an idea, the CBRD Evo was last listed for sale at $34k. Its since sold, but I suspect the buyer talked them down a bit off the asking price. http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/cbrd...me-attack-car/
he didnt talk em down too much as far as i know.

Last edited by killerpenguin21; Dec 10, 2014 at 01:48 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
as OP already asked, what purpose and what class?
Even a same type of racing differs budget wise if you talking about different classes.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by boostincincy
I've seen track cars sit for sale and the prices just drop and drop. I'm on the edge of no return with my car, and would much rather jump into a full track car, rather than continue dumping money into my DE car… so if you want to trade, let me know!
I would honestly be interested in trading for a street able evo. I feel it would be easier to sell. And someone who wants a track car wouldn't have to spend a ton of money building there own.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 05:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by kyleh10
Wondering what all of you have paid for your already built track car? I know first hand it's way more expensive to build then to buy. Just trying to get an idea of what a built car is going for?
Theres likely a formula that one could apply. Like pennies on the dollar scenario

Just guessing that realistically maybe one can expect to extract .25 cents on the dollar spent in modifications

Quick Reply: Purpose built track car price?