Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Track videos thread [MERGED]

Old Jul 13, 2015, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Creatre
Had a blast this weekend. Car didn't hold together real well, had some issues. But still got in 2 hours of track time.

Quick vid of one of my best laps.

Mitsubishi Evolution 8 - Roebling Road - YouTube
Plenty of time to pickup. What issues did you have?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Balrok
Plenty of time to pickup. What issues did you have?
It was only my second trackday, so I have plenty to learn still.

Just lots of little annoying things to deal with throughout the course of the day, but car over all was solid engine wise which is the important part I guess. Had an issue with a wastegate bolt, it flew out and stripped the hole. Had to pull the radiator and rethread a hole and put a new bolt in. Car wouldn't start after one session, had to jiggle the starter wires (seems to be a common problem when it gets hot, has happened both track days?). My exhaust hanger (metal piece) for my Buschur Exhaust sheered off on track, so I dented it up the axle back portion pretty good, had to remove and leave just the midpipe. Bolts were loose on the clamp for the midpipe, so it rotated and dragged on the next lap, had to tighten everything up.

Was only running 20psi for the track with a couple gallons of 100 each tank. Even with it 100 degrees outside, oil and coolant temp stayed nice and cool.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
It was only my second trackday, so I have plenty to learn still.

Just lots of little annoying things to deal with throughout the course of the day, but car over all was solid engine wise which is the important part I guess. Had an issue with a wastegate bolt, it flew out and stripped the hole. Had to pull the radiator and rethread a hole and put a new bolt in. Car wouldn't start after one session, had to jiggle the starter wires (seems to be a common problem when it gets hot, has happened both track days?). My exhaust hanger (metal piece) for my Buschur Exhaust sheered off on track, so I dented it up the axle back portion pretty good, had to remove and leave just the midpipe. Bolts were loose on the clamp for the midpipe, so it rotated and dragged on the next lap, had to tighten everything up.

Was only running 20psi for the track with a couple gallons of 100 each tank. Even with it 100 degrees outside, oil and coolant temp stayed nice and cool.
Ah yes, it's always something. Roebling esp has the tendency to break things because of how fast it is. Your spares will increase to the point where you could build a whole new car, but its part of the learning experience
Old Jul 28, 2015, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Last edited by killerpenguin21; Jul 28, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
A few laps from the fist NASA event at the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Kentucky. The black C5 just knicked me both days for 2nd place. But a blue 350z spanked us both. Trying to follow him into the high speed sweepers, no dice. He had a full aero package and crushed me and the vette in places on the track.

Old Jul 29, 2015, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
Awwwww, you cut the video right before I drove by you

Last edited by Sawdust; Jul 29, 2015 at 03:53 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
....I have no idea what your talking about lol
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBOg...ature=youtu.be
Old Aug 11, 2015, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JDavenport
A few laps from the fist NASA event at the new National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park in Kentucky. The black C5 just knicked me both days for 2nd place. But a blue 350z spanked us both. Trying to follow him into the high speed sweepers, no dice. He had a full aero package and crushed me and the vette in places on the track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqyBB8UXoQo
that track looks like a blast! i'll have to add that to one of the places to visit next year
Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Some videos from my weekend at VIR in July 2015 for NASA TT. Still got more time in it as the alignment was wrong and various issues kept me from getting warmed up and ready to push (e.g. you can see me lifting in the uphill esses where I don't need to usually), will just have to get things sorted out and back to the track again.

Fastest Lap 2:00.119 (and my first win):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_RyR5qz6A

Footage from my splitter (thought it was a cool alternative view):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZu6NbtgQn4

Exterior footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlF5__a34bg

Last edited by TSiAWD666; Aug 18, 2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:24 AM

Nice!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:29 AM

For those using gopro's, how are you guys setting up your gopro and how are you editing it?

It seems like mine get killed quality wise by the time it gets to youtube for one. And also my gopro seems to just pick up the sun and is super bright outside the windshield and barely anything is visible.

Examples:

Bright: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uABTzvXSTrU

Less bright but dull (turned down exposure in gopro studio): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5FIWoPO0Ao
Old Aug 18, 2015, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
For those using gopro's, how are you guys setting up your gopro and how are you editing it?

It seems like mine get killed quality wise by the time it gets to youtube for one. And also my gopro seems to just pick up the sun and is super bright outside the windshield and barely anything is visible.
Since your camera is mounted behind your seats looking across the dark interior, try setting the GoPro to spot metering if you haven't already.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 08:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Sawdust
Since your camera is mounted behind your seats looking across the dark interior, try setting the GoPro to spot metering if you haven't already.
Yup, make sure you are using spot metering. Also, purchase a polarizing filter. It helps a TON.

Here is my GoPro, spot metering, plus polarizing filter:

Thunderhill Evo 10

Last edited by razorlab; Aug 18, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 05:27 AM

Thanks guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Track videos thread [MERGED]