Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all,

Here is a new post with a link to my latest Autocross attempts. Have a different view of the cockpit to make it easier to see what I'm doing. Any other bad habits forming?

I'm starting to get happier with my driving, but as always, I'm eager to learn more.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos HERE!!

I see several autocross videos post on here so I figured we should start a thread and have everyone post their video in one place!!!!. Ill start!! C

Car: 2003 EVO GSR
Class: Street Mod
Region: ALSCCA
Event: SouthEast Divisional ( Sediv ) in Atlanta 8/23/2014.

AM
PM (reverse from AM)
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Turner field! Are you an ATL local? I won the ATLSCCA SM class a few years back. Myself and Jay Parcon were the only Evo's active in the region at the time.

Cheers
Craig.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mouseIX
Turner field! Are you an ATL local? I won the ATLSCCA SM class a few years back. Myself and Jay Parcon were the only Evo's active in the region at the time.

Cheers
Craig.
Hey Craig, no we are from Birmingham Region, we come play with ATL region when our schedule doesnt fall on the same day since its about the same distance from where we live. ( Anniston, AL).

Last event when we were there, we were the only Evo there and Jay was in a borrowed Rx8. C
Old Sep 5, 2014, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We had a Memorial Day Utah Region Event earlier this week were I was able to place the fastest Raw time of the day and 1st for SM class. I managed to do it with 3 additional passengers too! Had Family in town so took them for some fun ride along's.

A fun run with my little brothers in the back seat having 4 passengers

This is my only run I did all day by my self showing the course better from the outside. It was a fun run end of the day so didn't count, but made for some good practice/ fun drifting

Got another event this Sunday so I will go out and try to represent the Evo's again
Old Sep 7, 2014, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

ALSCCA point 6 event. SM 5 SM 11 evo. C
Old Sep 15, 2014, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Best run yet in my stock 9 MR

http://youtu.be/uxIpWCFhwVI
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I'll join the video party! This is from last weekend on the Pocono infield course. The NEPA group rented out the track and set an autox course on it. Being a road course, there is plenty of room for a faster than usual autox, yet slower than what you would normally see without the cones on track. I topped out around 87mph on one run, and typically hit at least 84mph. The vids below are of the same run. One has a side cam to see distance to cones and the other has some fun data. This run was second only to a kart in raw time and won PAX for the day.

Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:10 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by psushoe
I'll join the video party! This is from last weekend on the Pocono infield course. The NEPA group rented out the track and set an autox course on it. Being a road course, there is plenty of room for a faster than usual autox, yet slower than what you would normally see without the cones on track. I topped out around 87mph on one run, and typically hit at least 84mph. The vids below are of the same run. One has a side cam to see distance to cones and the other has some fun data. This run was second only to a kart in raw time and won PAX for the day.

what did you use to get the overlay? i found an app for my phone (with the help of an OBD-II blutooth adapter), if i can find a way to mount it the phone in the car.. but looking for other options.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have a zeitronix unit that picks up afr, oil pressure, egt, tps, rpm, etc. I also have their sd card datalogger. I pulled the data and used race render to overlay onto my contour video. It was a pita. First and probably last time I will use it. Going to give solostorm a try next year.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 01:45 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
I have a zeitronix unit that picks up afr, oil pressure, egt, tps, rpm, etc. I also have their sd card datalogger. I pulled the data and used race render to overlay onto my contour video. It was a pita. First and probably last time I will use it. Going to give solostorm a try next year.
LOL. gotcha. check out Race Chrono, if you have an Android phone. i don't even rent transponders any more. at my last BW event, my phone was only .02-.08 sec off of each lap. if you blutooth an OBDII adapter, it will record and automatically overlay the course, your position, RPM, etc. all for $20. it's not a bad deal.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Awesome driving Aaron!!!! Thanks for the ride. Too bad that I couldn't get you drive my car for a run or two, would love to see how far my car should have been.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks, Gary! I guess they were concerned about the event going long, so they did not want to let me do an instructor run. Maybe at a NNJR event sometime we can do it.

BTW, my fastest run was with you in the car :-) My last run was a few hundredths slower.

Last edited by psushoe; Sep 26, 2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my small video earlier this year at Englishtown raceway NJ open track. I used the suction cups of gopro on the front bumper.

Last edited by eeeeevo45; Sep 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
BTW, my fastest run was with you in the car :-) My last run was a few hundredths slower.
Haha...yeah. That means you should put about 180lbs of ballasts on the passenger seat now.

Hope you will make to NNJR on Oct 19!

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos