Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
nice work! you can definitely cut some distance on those cones (no offense). do you have an acd tune?

i'm working on the same, & working smoothing out steering & keeping a consistent arc in corners. part of it is due to the new tires (rt615k+) not having as direct of steering as re71rs, but i had the issue to begin with anyway. i'm also late in most corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMVUW5tQX40
Yes, Thanks, no offense were made. I welcome comments and criticism. And my car is an VIII GSR so no ACD for me and I need a real front diff. C
Old Apr 9, 2018, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Autocross run in brooksville florida. Got top 6 of out 87 in times. On Hankook R-S4's.

Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Autocross run in brooksville florida. Got top 6 of out 87 in times. On Hankook R-S4's.

https://youtu.be/n1kCGppTjw0
how'd you like the RS4s for autox? i'm about to run it as my track set up but want to scrub them in at a few autoxes first
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
how'd you like the RS4s for autox? i'm about to run it as my track set up but want to scrub them in at a few autoxes first
This is my 2nd event on these tires. The first event, the first run they were very slippery. It took them about 2 runs to get em to stop being slippery. They most likely weren't optimal yet until I took em to the 2nd event(one I posted video on). First run they aren't going to be the best right from the get go. It takes at least 1 lap to get em warmed up. After that, they're good. I went from Pilot super sports, to Azenis 615k+ to this. They're probably as grippy(same ball park) as the 615k's but they wear less but don't grip at the first run. The 615k+ were pretty damn grippy on the first run. I haven't run the re71's so I cant compare them to that but all I know is that 71's/rivals are going to be tad faster but at the cost of wear. This was course felt like it was more meant for the miata's and s2000s due to it being very slalom heavy and not having a lot of places to accelerate. I'll have to see how I do on a more even playing field.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 08:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Sundays course at Crows Tour. I tried to find the balance of being safe but fast here since I need a good run to reclaim 1st. I think there were some big areas of time to gain if I would have had a better 2nd run and the nerve to push harder. Also feel my hands were pretty twichy in the first finger as I was a bit nervous of messing up the run so early. Seemed to smooth out by the middle though.

As far as reference goes, it seems to look slow but the rev limiter is hitting 75mph. The actual speeds were pretty dang fast for an AX. Logged accel is about 1.1g, and cornering 1.3-1.4g.

Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

that is a ****ing awesome course

what wheels are you on, and what oiling solutions are you using?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
My approach to oiling is to use as little as I need to. So I have no balance shafts or oil squirters. I also have all the drainbacks in the head ported open for better drainback, a ton of porting on the OFH to control pressure, Kiggly HLA, and run about a quart high. I have an accusump sitting in a box but need to do some pressure logs (I have everything to do it, just need to do one last thing for logging it) to see if I need it or not.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dallas J
My approach to oiling is to use as little as I need to. So I have no balance shafts or oil squirters. I also have all the drainbacks in the head ported open for better drainback, a ton of porting on the OFH to control pressure, Kiggly HLA, and run about a quart high. I have an accusump sitting in a box but need to do some pressure logs (I have everything to do it, just need to do one last thing for logging it) to see if I need it or not.
stock pan? i'm sure the drainbacks help, but heel2toe blew his motor recently due to oiling failures. not to derail the thread..

god it looks boring compared to evos lol. screwed up from the back-end on, lost about 1s to codriver. need to work on car placement
Old Apr 19, 2018, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry for off topic but quick question.

Is there normally oiling issues when running the 200tw tires in autocross? Or does the oiling problems start happening when you start to throw on the slicks?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
Sorry for off topic but quick question.

Is there normally oiling issues when running the 200tw tires in autocross? Or does the oiling problems start happening when you start to throw on the slicks?
usually r-comps. i will never be running rcomps but with some track days lined up and shifting my focus more that direction, went ahead with the racefab pan, kiggly hla, and a tomei crank scraper
Old Apr 19, 2018, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Keep in mind tire technology over the past few years has really advanced to the point where some 200tw tires are almost as sticky as some 100tw tires of the past. Also, what happens when you go from a skinny tire to a much wider tire, grip will also increase which will tax the oiling demands as well. Now, Im not saying that a Re71R is as sticky as an A7 but my point is that tires have gotten so good that I think it would be wise to invest in your oiling system if you want the motor to live a long life.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

What are some key low cost methods of doing that for the oiling system?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
We should probably keep this thread on topic but the oiling issues is indeed a great discussion. Perhaps I should start a new thread and create a sticky? There are a few different threads floating around like for example the Racefab wetsump thread that have some great info but maybe a place to organize it all would be a good idea.

But to answer your questions Dallas mentioned a few lost cost means to assist in the oiling issues such as the Kiggly HLA and porting of the OFH and some ports in the head. Jafromobile has some good youtube videos on this specific to DSMs but a lot of that carries over to our world.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heel2toe
We should probably keep this thread on topic but the oiling issues is indeed a great discussion. Perhaps I should start a new thread and create a sticky?.
That would be cool.

Sorry for the off topic posts. I'll post a new autox video early next week from my autocross this weekend
Old Apr 23, 2018, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

My autocross run from this weekend.
Got 1st in class and 3rd fastest raw time.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos