Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 07:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
How many people do you guys have go off in the weeds there? Course seems real close to the edge.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
my quickest from yesterday - i took off my autox set (18x9.5 265/35 rt615k+) and ran my track set (evo x enkei 18x8.5, 245/40 RS4s) to break in the tires & new pads (st43s) before the track day. The narrower wheels & tires had a noticeable drop off in grip compared to the autox set, was squirmy the first few runs (prob release mold, stickers were still on the car) and overall didn't feel particularly amazing. my lines were a little more off than usual, I'm assuming to the grip difference. I'll be back on the autox set for the next event!

Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
How many people do you guys have go off in the weeds there? Course seems real close to the edge.
Honestly only 1 and that was someone who over drove the car really hard and understeered off into the grass right after the turn around. Nobody really had issues with going into the turn around. The pavement doesn't drop off like some other air strips if you go into the grass so maybe they allowed it to be a little closer to the edge.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo
my quickest from yesterday - i took off my autox set (18x9.5 265/35 rt615k+) and ran my track set (evo x enkei 18x8.5, 245/40 RS4s) to break in the tires & new pads (st43s) before the track day. The narrower wheels & tires had a noticeable drop off in grip compared to the autox set, was squirmy the first few runs (prob release mold, stickers were still on the car) and overall didn't feel particularly amazing. my lines were a little more off than usual, I'm assuming to the grip difference. I'll be back on the autox set for the next event!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzUfL4qf3cg
I actually enjoy the feel/characteristic of the R-S4 over the 615k+. It feels like it likes to slide a little, but not sliding where it's over the edge and losing grip but sliding and still maintaining maximum grip. Hard to explain... I'm not the biggest fan of the first run on it tho, def needs a good quick first run to get em going.

After raising the front of my car to have a neutral rake, it handles so much better. Car is more neutral/oversteer instead of understeer. I might actually move my rear sway bar from the middle position to lower stiff setting.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CaptainSquirts
I actually enjoy the feel/characteristic of the R-S4 over the 615k+. It feels like it likes to slide a little, but not sliding where it's over the edge and losing grip but sliding and still maintaining maximum grip. Hard to explain... I'm not the biggest fan of the first run on it tho, def needs a good quick first run to get em going.

After raising the front of my car to have a neutral rake, it handles so much better. Car is more neutral/oversteer instead of understeer. I might actually move my rear sway bar from the middle position to lower stiff setting.
they're more direct than the falkens, def. i think my experience reflects the difference in wheel width more than grip. neither compare to the re71rs anyway
Old May 21, 2018, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
A few of my runs from the NJ ProSolo a few weeks ago in S2 and got slapped around left/right by Davis's CSP Miata (turn off the sound as my external mic didn't work as it should have....lol)

Last edited by white_turbo; May 21, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
Old May 21, 2018, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Right side:

Old May 29, 2018, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

^ i started using a wind muffler on my gpro, it's worked really well so far

i broke the driver's side lower strut bolt which made the camber go nuts, wheel to strut body contact last event. wheel looks extremely curbed up on the inside and the lower set of threads on the ohlins that aren't used anyway. mostly cosmetic damage but still kind of sucks.. ordered all new bolts & camber bolts from the stealer & put the car together for an event on sunday. held up pretty well. hopefully good for my hpde/track day on friday:

Old May 31, 2018, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

^ i started using a wind muffler on my gpro, it's worked really well so far
I assume this comment refers to my videos.....

I normally use an external microphone that I put in the trunk for my video, but my GoPro (which is about on par with the reliability of the Evo) took a crap and I had to revert to my back up cameras (Yi 4+) that is absolutely crap because the sound is awful and the external microphone didn't work for some reason....urghh....
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Got 2nd quickest time of the day. Guess my only complaint is low speed understeer. Mid speed is a lot more neutral and will 4 wheel slide and I just gas to keep it in check. Any recommendations to help with low speed understeer?

https://youtu.be/nLO_suaZUjI

Last edited by CaptainSquirts; Jun 11, 2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Originally Posted by white_turbo
I assume this comment refers to my videos.....

I normally use an external microphone that I put in the trunk for my video, but my GoPro (which is about on par with the reliability of the Evo) took a crap and I had to revert to my back up cameras (Yi 4+) that is absolutely crap because the sound is awful and the external microphone didn't work for some reason....urghh....
Ya'know, its 2018... How fricken hard is it to have a reliable camera these days? I always seem to have more issue than success with my gopro.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

seriously. I tried to run solo storm w my runs yesterday. only synced one of the runs (a dnf) with my video & data properly. POS.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

seriously. I tried to run solo storm w my runs yesterday. only synced one of the runs (a dnf) with my video & data properly. POS.
Yes, and what is up with Solostorm. I have been hearing people having issues getting it connected with cameras and stuff. I was thinking about getting it this year but now hesitant to pull the trigger due to the things I hear.

The track guys use AIM Solo (obviously a whole lot more expensive), but I wonder how those work in autox settings.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 05:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AutoX

Here's one of my FTD runs now that the car is done. I'm running FP, but will be reinstalling carpet and door panels to go to SM and actually do well in PAX also. Car has been FTD or second RAW every event since the engine/turbo/driveline build was completed. 515whp is kind of a pain to handle though and the 275 Hoosiers are overwhelmed. 295s coming after summer break.

Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: Autocross Videos