Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Rear Toe Arms who uses what

Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Any chance u can post the exact links to the rod ends u used?
sorry. Didnt see the post.. here http://fluro.de/index.php/en/products/1038-gaxsw14x15msdruck
Old Jan 15, 2018, 01:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
Originally Posted by ayoustin
I supposed it's worth mentioning that Mooresport sells these extremely affordable toe arms lol: http://mooresport.com/en/street/131-...et-billet.html
Holy **** that's a rip off. I went with Hard Race for $235. They survived their first weekend at Chuckwalla, so I'm happy so far.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Toe Arms who uses what-photo656.jpg   Rear Toe Arms who uses what-photo699.jpg  
Old Jan 16, 2018, 08:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Holy **** that's a rip off. I went with Hard Race for $235. They survived their first weekend at Chuckwalla, so I'm happy so far.
i have the hardrace camber arms.

Also keen to try their tow arms.

I know theres a few issues with the quality. or was not sure if there still is.

Somebody with an evo 6 here racing had a bump with a guy into a hairpin turn which was enough to damage the toe arm.

Came out the hairpin down the back straight and 1/3 down the straight the arm snapped and he speared into the wall doing huge damage to his car.

Also our govt transport agency that certifies modifications to road cars here has the brand on a watchlist.

But on the flipside people dont seem to be having many issues with the quality these days?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 08:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kikiturbo
are you willing to share what length you made the arms themselves? even via PM?
Old Jan 16, 2018, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

I have no problem sharing everything.. I can even give you the 3d files for the machined bits.. I ended up using off the shelf threaded ends and the hex part in the middle.. as it was cheaper..

the arms are done so to be same length as stock with a bit of room to shorten them and much more room to lengthen..
the body is 226 mm
Rear Toe Arms who uses what-10pkao1.jpg
the idea is to turn the OE toe adjuster so that it is fully in, and then extend the arm itself. That way you have the longest possible arm for least toe change in bump...

some of parts are from here :https://chassisparts.com/rod-ends.html
rod ends are from fluro.de who make real nice rod ends but if I was in the USA I would use Aurora.

the main problem is making the adapters that go into the chassis and upright.. those you need to have turned on a lathe...

initially I had all of it made locally but in the end went down one size of tubing and bought off the shelf tube ends from chassisshop
Rear Toe Arms who uses what-iy7ormr.jpg

Attachment 324944
Old Jan 16, 2018, 12:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,321 Posts
i have the hardrace camber arms.

Also keen to try their tow arms.

I know theres a few issues with the quality. or was not sure if there still is.

Somebody with an evo 6 here racing had a bump with a guy into a hairpin turn which was enough to damage the toe arm.

Came out the hairpin down the back straight and 1/3 down the straight the arm snapped and he speared into the wall doing huge damage to his car.

Also our govt transport agency that certifies modifications to road cars here has the brand on a watchlist.

But on the flipside people dont seem to be having many issues with the quality these days?

I had a 4 tire off this weekend, as well as some pretty decent bounces off of curbs. Unfortunately, with car-to-car contact, it's impossible to say how hard of a shunt that arm took.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 02:10 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Lol $700
Old Jan 17, 2018, 01:48 AM
EvoM Guru

I have no problem sharing everything.. I can even give you the 3d files for the machined bits.. I ended up using off the shelf threaded ends and the hex part in the middle.. as it was cheaper..

the arms are done so to be same length as stock with a bit of room to shorten them and much more room to lengthen..
the body is 226 mm

the idea is to turn the OE toe adjuster so that it is fully in, and then extend the arm itself. That way you have the longest possible arm for least toe change in bump...

some of parts are from here :https://chassisparts.com/rod-ends.html
rod ends are from fluro.de who make real nice rod ends but if I was in the USA I would use Aurora.

the main problem is making the adapters that go into the chassis and upright.. those you need to have turned on a lathe...

initially I had all of it made locally but in the end went down one size of tubing and bought off the shelf tube ends from chassisshop

Thats awesome thank you for that. If your willing to share the 3d files that would be amazing. saves alot of work. Think i will have a go at making some.

Why not just weld the nut in down one end? then you dont have to cut the tube and keep it perfectly straight?

So just to make sure i have it correct in my head.

You need: 2 rod ends.
1 length of crmo tube.
2 of these and 2 of the lh thread version
https://chassisparts.com/rod-ends/tu...ht-thread.html

And the machined adapter parts to go into upright etc?

Am i missing anything out?

12mm rod ends or 14mm?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 03:19 AM
Evolved Member

no, this is not a nut.. it is just a hollow hex section that you weld onto the tube.. Tube is single piece....
or you can just ommit that and hold the tube with wise grips when you tighten the ends...
I tried having a hex section at the end of the tube but there is no space to hold it when tightening the little counter nut.

14 mm rod ends. 12mm could be used on the inside but outside one needs 14 mm bolt really..

I will compile all the files and put up for download a bit later..
Old Jan 17, 2018, 08:50 AM
EvoM Guru

no, this is not a nut.. it is just a hollow hex section that you weld onto the tube.. Tube is single piece....
or you can just ommit that and hold the tube with wise grips when you tighten the ends...
I tried having a hex section at the end of the tube but there is no space to hold it when tightening the little counter nut.

14 mm rod ends. 12mm could be used on the inside but outside one needs 14 mm bolt really..

I will compile all the files and put up for download a bit later..
ah sorry i thought thats why youd made a jig to keep the 2 rods straight while welding.

that hollow hex section is pretty cool so it just slides over the top?

I will start getting some 14mm rod ends and some 4130 tube i think.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

ah sorry i thought thats why youd made a jig to keep the 2 rods straight while welding.

that hollow hex section is pretty cool so it just slides over the top?

I will start getting some 14mm rod ends and some 4130 tube i think.
yes it is this
https://chassisparts.com/gussets/aanlasmoer.html

the jig was made so that I could easily rotate the tube while welding while keeping ocnstant torch angle and distance..

in USA chassisshop.com has that stuff, if it is more convinient for you..
Old Jan 18, 2018, 08:03 AM
EvoM Guru

yes it is this
https://chassisparts.com/gussets/aanlasmoer.html

the jig was made so that I could easily rotate the tube while welding while keeping ocnstant torch angle and distance..

in USA chassisshop.com has that stuff, if it is more convinient for you..

Ah no its not unfortunately im in new zealand.

I do have a local supplier for the rod ends and the weld in thread bits for the rod ends.

I can always mill up a nut like that or order one in from ebay or somewhere i guess.

Yea i can see why you made the jig now. makes sense and pretty clever.

Ill get the rod ends and bar today. just need to figure out what needs to be spun up on the lathe now!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

what kind of file would work for you?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 01:46 PM
EvoM Guru

what kind of file would work for you?

What are the options? I dont have a cnc or anything but if thats the kind of drawing uve got i can always take it somewhere to get made up.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

ok, I will make drawings and send you also the solidworks and some other 3d file.. just in case..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Toe Arms who uses what