Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Ohlin Bearing Replacement, Possible New Source?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2018, 03:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
I really wish they could do something to modify things and make the canister remote mount so I could move the spring perch up.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt Ohlins will be doing that. Will need someone good at design, testing, and fabrication to develop that retrofit😁. I am sure those of us remaining with the flags and running wide rim tire combo’s would be very interested.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 07:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 575 Likes on 431 Posts
I think I'm the only one who's a fan of the non remote mount reservoir lol. Mine are a tad beat up from the pins being broken but I've had zero issues since using the SSB pins

Well my flags are getting more tired so it was on my to do list at PRI to talk to some people about rebuilds. I talked to Ohlins USA there and they said they can most likely service them still but turnaround will depend on what's needed. I also had a lengthy discussion with ANZE Suspension out of NY state who said they can service them depending on what parts are needed. I would try contacting ANZE first as they seemed very knowledgeable and willing to help to the best of their ability.

FWIW I also talked with the guys at Reinharte for a while and they said they do rebuilds on other company's suspensions. I'm probably going to take things to them as they seem extremely involved in time attack and lots of track cars (one of the guys who started the company (I think) also has spent time setting up formula cars and other big name race cars) and they're local which makes things much less of a hassle for me.

Hopefully I can work with them to see what components aren't standardized in the flags and work to source replacements to make things easier for the few guys who own them.

Last edited by Ayoustin; Dec 11, 2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 04:57 AM

That you for this information, I will contact ANZE today and see what they say.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 07:38 AM

Update: I spoke with Guy - and he is not setup at this time to do the work on the Ohlins, "maybe again in the future".
Spent some time on the phone with Angelo from ANZE, very knowledgeable gentleman. I will be sending them my shocks next week. Will keep you all posted.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 07:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
How did you get ahold of Guy?

I love the Flags for the performance, but the fixed canister is going to be an issue for my next setup so may be looking to switch. I emailed him a couple months ago from contact page on AnkenyRacing website but hadn't heard any response.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 08:18 AM

I sent him a message through Facebook to Ankeny Racing Ent. Got responses same day.