Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Spinning front, inside tire.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys
When I set up the friction discs, I like to see them around under 50 ft.lbs of torque and after they have bedded in, even lower so it will have no influence during even throttle turn in.
Also, we are turning rear differentials around in like 3-4 days and I'm answering emails again too!
If you sent your rear differential in for service you are getting your exact differential back. Call me superstitious but I think most of you would want your unit back instead of someone else's drag car karma.
Thanks guys!

Jon@TRE
www.teamrip.com
https://www.instagram.com/teamripengineering/
Old Jun 7, 2018, 07:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Ill give mine a check here next time I have the rear in the air. Though Im guessing with the number of race miles my car has now its probably due for a refresh this winter regardless.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 09:29 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
I'll be testing mine today ,though I'll have to try it with a normal torque wrench.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 09:21 PM
kaj

So....

I DCed the driveshaft, dropped the driver side of the car down so the LR wheel is grounded. I can spin my passenger-side rear wheel all ***** nilly, by hand. There is zero resistance. I guess that means my rear diff is toast??

Old Jun 9, 2018, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
So....

I DCed the driveshaft, dropped the driver side of the car down so the LR wheel is grounded. I can spin my passenger-side rear wheel all ***** nilly, by hand. There is zero resistance. I guess that means my rear diff is toast??

surprise! I sense a rebuild is in your future.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 573 Likes on 431 Posts
Send it! (to TRE)
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:13 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by ayoustin
Send it! (to TRE)
If I had $1 for every time I've tried reaching those guys.

Does anyone ,other than Weir, sell the clutch packs I can install? I obviously won't be buying their stuff again.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 07:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by GEARS
Hey guys
When I set up the friction discs, I like to see them around under 50 ft.lbs of torque and after they have bedded in, even lower so it will have no influence during even throttle turn in.
Also, we are turning rear differentials around in like 3-4 days and I'm answering emails again too!
If you sent your rear differential in for service you are getting your exact differential back. Call me superstitious but I think most of you would want your unit back instead of someone else's drag car karma.
Thanks guys!

Jon@TRE
www.teamrip.com
https://www.instagram.com/teamripengineering/
happy to see Jon still coming around the boards. Cheers brotha
Old Jun 9, 2018, 09:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
If I had $1 for every time I've tried reaching those guys.

Does anyone ,other than Weir, sell the clutch packs I can install? I obviously won't be buying their stuff again.
You don't have to call Jon. Box up you diff and ship it. He'll call you.

The wier kit is worn out because it's garbage. The plates aren't grooved to allow oil into them. If you're lucky they didn't weld together and break and ruin your carrier.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 08:36 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
You don't have to call Jon. Box up you diff and ship it. He'll call you.

The wier kit is worn out because it's garbage. The plates aren't grooved to allow oil into them. If you're lucky they didn't weld together and break and ruin your carrier.
Maybe I'm old school or just paranoid, but I'd like to know what I'm getting into before shipping something off. I understand he's busy and that's how he does things ,but I'm not very comfortable with it. If I can't reach him to give him my money ,what's gonna happen if (god forbid) something went wrong?

Nothing personal or against his business practice ,it's just not for me. Believe me, I'd love to send him my stuff.

As for the diff, I noticed the plates being smooth when I installed them. I was like, "Hmmmm".

I'm hoping it's not ruined. I'll be pulling it apart in the morning.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:21 AM
EvoM Guru

You can send him an email, he does respond. Phone is just hit or miss. He doesn't drop what he's doing in the shop to run up to the office and answer the phone.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:41 AM
kaj

You can send him an email, he does respond. Phone is just hit or miss. He doesn't drop what he's doing in the shop to run up to the office and answer the phone.
Of course I don't expect anyone to drop everything for a phone call, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want communication from someone I'm sending a few $100s to ,either. I do see his site now says no phone calls and his post above says he's answering emails ,so we'll see. I usually just get a reply with instruction on sending the part in.
Fingers crossed, but I'm still putting some of my eggs in other baskets.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
it's not unreasonable, but also, what precisely are you looking for? he's done hundreds if not thousands of these
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kyoo
it's not unreasonable, but also, what precisely are you looking for? he's done hundreds if not thousands of these
Jason needs someone to hold his hand
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by kyoo
Someone I can get in touch with. I didn't think it was out of the question, but maybe so. I went with an aftermarket diff, anyway. I should have it in a few days and be back in business. Woot.

Jason needs someone to hold his hand
Yeeeeeeah. yeeeeeeeeeeeeah. I know: wanting to get a quote and discuss options before shipping my stuff. Silly, I know. :P

Quick Reply: Spinning front, inside tire.