2019 NASA ST/TT discussion - Page 4 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2019 NASA ST/TT discussion

Old Nov 26, 2018, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Good run. Last for TT4 maybe, but aren't you building for StreetMod with a "new aero package"? That will basically fall into TT1-3 depending on where you end up should the car count follow. Always good design wise to be able to take any car to any event when one or the other is down.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok View Post
Good run. Last for TT4 maybe, but aren't you building for StreetMod with a "new aero package"? That will basically fall into TT1-3 depending on where you end up should the car count follow. Always good design wise to be able to take any car to any event when one or the other is down.
Yeah the Evo will certainly be backup. I can probably just change my minimum weight and stay with the same tune for TT4 next year as the 4 door modifier is gone, and I can get it on a dyno with an E85 tune for TT3 as well so I don't have to change the new Gridlife Street Mod aero setup. The main plan for NASA next year is to ensure I have a good reliable competitive car for championships at Mid Ohio preferably in ST4, but I could run ST4/3 or TT4/3.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Just a quick update on my TT4 build. Things are rolling smooth. Dropped off the car to WORK's Motorsports in Sonoma to get dialed in. Alignment, Corner Balance, Weight Check, Tune, Car should be done by the end of the week. Really to bad that TT4 PWR is so low. Did some quick calculations for my car seems like I will be running around 283 average HP. I have a test a day at Sonoma on the 18th of February.

What's the best way to dial in the hoosier tires? what cold psi do you guys start out at? What should I see in tire temps? At 245's with a big heavy car what should I look out for as far as wear? I'm hoping to get at least two full weekends out of them if not more. Hearing all the stories about wear is making me a little un easy...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

^ With that heavy of a car on that small of tire I'd shoot for 40psi hot. Have someone help or pit after 3-4 hot laps to set.

It's starting to look like ST3 in my region as there are already 6 cars signed up this weekend when it's 39 deg out 0 in ST2 but I'm hopeful lol. And 0 in ST4. TT is kinda funny because they have exactly 2 in every single class even TT6 lol.

In other news it seems BFG beat everybody to the punch this year on contingency which is awesome. Hoosier slacking as usual.

Last edited by Balrok; Jan 16, 2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah thus far the ST4 fields for the initial events in Florida, Mid South, and Southeast are not looking good. We have 4 in ST4 for this weekend right now, but I am hoping at least one more of the regulars will sign up.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Yeah thus far the ST4 fields for the initial events in Florida, Mid South, and Southeast are not looking good. We have 4 in ST4 for this weekend right now, but I am hoping at least one more of the regulars will sign up.
Which event is that?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Balrok View Post
Which event is that?
NASA NOLA Region. We only ended up having 4 cars, and I actually won all three races overall. Pretty good start to the season, but no Hoosiers if they even do contingency this season.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
NASA NOLA Region. We only ended up having 4 cars, and I actually won all three races overall. Pretty good start to the season, but no Hoosiers if they even do contingency this season.
^ This is really lame do to the fact that i bought Hoosiers for there contingency but i guess they don't have any contingency for 2019 yet witch is lame. They better have one.... SMH!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GoodTimes View Post
^ This is really lame do to the fact that i bought Hoosiers for there contingency but i guess they don't have any contingency for 2019 yet witch is lame. They better have one.... SMH!!!!
Tim at Hoho for some reason always...always...took a couple of months to release the Nasa version. BFG was technically worse and wouldn't release until late Feb so I was pretty shocked to see it up so soon. It should still allow backtracking for any events you won beforehand. It's also surprising that Nasa hasn't mandated Toyo's for all classes with how in bed the two are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.