Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2019 NASA ST/TT discussion

Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 148 Times in 124 Posts
That vid is exactly why I can do road racing. Id be just constantly annoyed the guy was just bullying the corners ruining everyones time just to block any passers. I know thats part of the game, just not the game I want to play. TA/TT is really the only thing on track that interests me cause I want to see how fast the car/driver/setup is. Not how good can I be an asshat
Old Apr 14, 2019, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Liked 30 Times in 30 Posts
I wish I woulda put the rear camera on for perspective. Not only was I trying to gain position, but I had to hold my position against the 5-6 cars that were stacked behind me, all while seesawing the wheel to keep it from sliding away, a very good exercise in the "treat the throttle like there's an egg under it". I get 1 maybe 2 of those feelings/emotions doing TT lol. The chase is just something you can feel, the clock for me was always numb. Also my watch said I burned 1680 calories during that race lol.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
So how low can Evo 8/9 weigh in ST3 and be legal?
If tuned/de tuned.

Idea being to keep weight low, run widest possible tire(282mm?), to have good tire wear and chassis balance.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by alpinaturbo View Post
So how low can Evo 8/9 weigh in ST3 and be legal?
If tuned/de tuned.

Idea being to keep weight low, run widest possible tire(282mm?), to have good tire wear and chassis balance.
As low as you dare really, there's no min/max in 1-3. If you could get it down to 2950 "as raced" weight (you, running on empty fuel, cage, etc) you'd have to run it at 282 dynojet, 257 mustang with wide tires or If you jumped up just 50 lbs to 3000 min, or ran 275 tires, you'd be at 291 DJ, 265 Mus. 3k lbs is still too much for the softer 275 rubber though.

The following users liked this post: Balrok
alpinaturbo (Apr 22, 2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.