Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2023 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
Yea i def wouldnt buy another shorai thats for sure i (lol)

i duno if id go agm either.

in other news. Testing out the new tyre warmers in the lounge. Racecar parts in the lounge again 😂
I know you are only testing the warmers but be careful having them on the floor like that, you create hot spots on the heating elements, at least this is the case with my bikes warmers. Either turn the wheel on its side or get a stand to lift it completely off the ground
Old Jan 12, 2019, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
You guys ever seen or heard of these pedal boxes?

OBP - Evo specific
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/gr...oupID=OBPTPEVO

Odd they don't list an Evo kit on their main website.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 09:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 573 Likes on 431 Posts
I've heard of OBP but I don't know anyone who runs their stuff.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 09:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
i run that exact pedalbox in mine.

When it says evo specific dont think it means its designed to fit into the evo floor and firewall or anything like i did when i bought it.

All it means is it has the correctly sized master cylinders etc for the evo. I still had to make myself a custom floor plate to mount it to and i had to move my seat back also
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
i run that exact pedalbox in mine.

When it says evo specific dont think it means its designed to fit into the evo floor and firewall or anything like i did when i bought it.

All it means is it has the correctly sized master cylinders etc for the evo. I still had to make myself a custom floor plate to mount it to and i had to move my seat back also
Pics

I figured you'd at least have to move the seat back to get those masters to fit. Which isn't a terrible thing, so long as your cage allows for it lol.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 723 Likes on 566 Posts
If theres need for a billet floor plate, and someone wants to design it, I'll facilitate making it . Seems like something enough people would have interest in I could warrant making a batch of 10 to keep in stock.

I should add, this month I may have enough sales to warrant finally buying a proper 3D scanner in which I could scan the floor pan to actually make something that properly fits the formed contours.
The following users liked this post:
TimC909 (Jan 13, 2019)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 01:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts
Dallas I'd go after some more low hanging fruit like motor/trans mounts, diff mounts etc. Those are good things to stock and if your cost of production/retail price is right you'd corner the market. Could do pulleys, power steering mounts, swaybar mounts. Really endless opportunity.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 01:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Dallas I'd go after some more low hanging fruit like motor/trans mounts, diff mounts etc. Those are good things to stock and if your cost of production/retail price is right you'd corner the market.
Those things already exist from a couple sources, would be just playing copy cat at that point. I dont like playing the game of race to the bottom, no one really wins with those pursuits IMO.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 01:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 223 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Dallas J
Those things already exist from a couple sources, would be just playing copy cat at that point. I dont like playing the game of race to the bottom, no one really wins with those pursuits IMO.
Well same can be said about your uprights, tophats, trailing arms etc. Its a question of doing them better than others. Plus you dont have the overhead of these brick and mortar shops and can therefore keep prices low and still book a nice profit. While allowing more enthusiasts to obtain these nice parts.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 03:31 PM
EvoM Guru

I've only sat in one car with floor mounted pedals and I HATED it. If I ever get a pedal box it'll be a Tilton hanging setup.

I'd definitely be down to buy block off plates for the firewall that have ports to run wiring or hoses through. I can draw it up pretty fast.

Old Jan 13, 2019, 03:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by V.8MR
Well same can be said about your uprights, tophats, trailing arms etc. Its a question of doing them better than others. Plus you dont have the overhead of these brick and mortar shops and can therefore keep prices low and still book a nice profit. While allowing more enthusiasts to obtain these nice parts.
Heh, well you're not wrong but I havent seen much to add to the motor mount game other than doing something more interesting on the rear mount (Cause I hate that damn mount!)
Old Jan 13, 2019, 03:58 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
I would love a simpler rear mount. I hate, HATE, H A T E that one.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ayoustin
I've only sat in one car with floor mounted pedals and I HATED it. If I ever get a pedal box it'll be a Tilton hanging setup.

I'd definitely be down to buy block off plates for the firewall that have ports to run wiring or hoses through. I can draw it up pretty fast.

Interesting i find mine far more comfortable. and i can actually heel toe with mine much easier as the pedals are much closer together. Guess u sat in the wrong car haha
Old Jan 14, 2019, 09:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Sorry Balrok il have to take some pic's as i have none on my phone.

We just made an aluminium plate up and shaped it to the shape of the floor to cover the master cylinders up. If your a tall guy youd probably want to cut the floor out and drop it through the floor or cut the firewall and move it thru the firewall. Im only short so didnt need to. You do lose the lower panel on your dash however as the pedal box ends up to tall and u catch ur feet on the plastic panel.

Dallas might be a bit of a market there for it but i doubt youd see 10 esp not in a short timeframe. I used a 100mm wide 5mm thick plate and just counter sunk into the plate n put countersunk cap screws through to hold the pedal box to the plate then i bolted the plate through the floor. If you made up a full billet floor that fitted into the contours of the floor pan itself you could then position the pedals further forward and more central than i got mine and it would probably be more comfortable also. I just dnt know if there would be much of a market there.

Something to consider as a market tho would be the gearbox rear mount as they seem to crack alot and becoming harder and harder to buy replacements.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Interesting i find mine far more comfortable. and i can actually heel toe with mine much easier as the pedals are much closer together. Guess u sat in the wrong car haha
It was an older Porsche and the pedal placement was terrible for sure but I just can't get used to the reverse travel arc of a floor mount pedal. I'd much rather have nicely spaced hanging pedals.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2023 Summer Projects?