Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Sup w/them 2023 Summer Projects?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacblack
Got damn it I would have grabbed a set for spares. I set up an alert just in case they come back in stock
i think it was a close out for production - TR doesnt have that size on their website anymore

side note, i may have accidentally purchased 3 sets lmao
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 269 Likes on 207 Posts
Finally got around to overhaul the calipers. Changed the guide plates that hold the pads, all seals and 3 pistons because they had some damage

The following users liked this post:
alpinaturbo (Feb 16, 2019)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 09:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 273 Likes on 203 Posts
Bit of 2 wheelin for you all
The following 3 users liked this post by Bee-Raddd:
codgi (Feb 17, 2019), kikiturbo (Feb 17, 2019), RevMaynard (Apr 11, 2019)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 09:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
^^^
SS shot

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:07 PM
EvoM Guru

So been pretty flat out racing throughout summer down here in neeew zeeeloond.

Weve just had 2 rounds back to back 2 weeks apart. definately been tough on the back pocket. I swear ive pissed off the crown wheel and pinion god this year

Round 1 back in december i blew a ring and pinion in my transfer case in the first race. putting is way on the back foot in the championship.

Round 2 came round at end of Jan, Put it on Pole for the first race. had a nice lead and was just controlling the gap till lap 4 when a safety car came out for an incident further back. On the safety car restart some hero tried to go from 6th to 1st in 1 corner and spun the guy in 3rd place who speared across the apex slamming into my front left door and spearing me off into the gravel. I managed to get out the gravel trap in 4th place and claw my way back to 2nd but the guy who was 2nd who inherited my lead had checked out. the last guy i had to pass has a 850HP r32 GTR and while its an absolute bullet in a straight line its terrible through the turns which makes him notoriously hard to pass. ended up selling him a dummy into a tight hairpin and firing it up the inside under brakes and pulling away through the subsequent section to get enough of a gap for him to not pass me on the straight again. but id been held up for 3 or so laps at this point which allowed the eventual leader to slip away.

Race 2 had a bloody ECU Fuse pop on lap 2 which put me out on the side of the track. nothing more frustrating than having a $5 Fuse ruin ur day.

Race 3 we came out strong and came 2nd in class after a hard fought battle with one of the mustangs in our class. unfortunately i had played with my accelerator pedal sensor and not re calibrated the sensor so when i jumped on the brake the pedal box flex was applying a small amount of throttle making it hard to stop and having to brake early.

Then last weekend we headed off to the NZ Grand Prix. Again managed to put it on Pole for the race. Had an absolute mare of a start missing 2nd gear and then in my panic i punched the sequential twice and ended up bogging down in 3rd. Got my way back up to 1st and was pulling away to have a damn intercooler pipe begin to come loose on me and i started loosing boost. allowing the rx7 behind me to catch up and drive around me with 2 laps to go. then with 2 corners to go did a crown wheel and pinion in the rear diff.

One of our competitors loaned us his mechanical rear end incl axles and mounts etc so we could race but meant a late night swapping diffs over from my AYC diff to his mechanical. Unfortunately when we pulled the diff mounts up we pinched the fuel feed line from the tank to the surge system and it was starving the surge tank. of course this problem didnt reveal itself when running the car up on stands but only when the race started so another DNF in race 2.

Race 3 we went out with the aim of just finishing and gathering some points. so we just went out on low boost and cruised around. it was stupidly hot (around 95F ambient) and it was a battle to keep the coolant temps down anyway. most drivers were complaining of the same issue re coolant temps as we just dont see that sort of ambient temp here so the cars arent really set up to handle that sort of temp. We ended up bringing the car home in 5th.

Now to source a mechanical rear diff from somewhere! if any of you know of any or have one lying round please let me know!
The following users liked this post:
alpinaturbo (Feb 18, 2019)
Old Feb 17, 2019, 04:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Also had an evo 4 try and murder me when he lost his brakes! Watch here:
Old Feb 17, 2019, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
damn crazy ****.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 05:30 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Old Feb 17, 2019, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
Jebus, was it really mechanical or just mental lol.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 03:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Balrok
Jebus, was it really mechanical or just mental lol.
yea he said pedal went to the floor. 230kmh into there lol
Old Feb 18, 2019, 08:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by bee-raddd
This is my nightmare.

Looks like he was okay. Car was still moving under its own power. Hopefully they can rebuild it without too much trouble.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 08:19 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by bee-raddd
At least he was able to aim the car away from others. Good awareness.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 09:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Construct
This is my nightmare.

Looks like he was okay. Car was still moving under its own power. Hopefully they can rebuild it without too much trouble.
Cars going in the bin. transmission tunnel is bent like a banana. Luckily he has another shell

Yea he was completely fine from it surprisingly. suppoze it goes to show how much decent belts and a hans device helps
Old Feb 18, 2019, 09:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
At least he was able to aim the car away from others. Good awareness.
Yup hes a very good driver. Although in avoiding the RX7 he almost absolutely slaughtered me. but yea guess u just act on instinct in those situations.

Ive had a brake failure like that once before going into a hairpin but luckily still had my handbrake installed and used that to slow me down enough and the gravel did the rest. but you naturally aim to cut across the apex to try extend ur distance between the wall allowing you some extra time and distance to pull it up haha
Old Feb 18, 2019, 01:02 PM
kaj

I've had brake failure once ,not going that fast ,luckily. I was also able to e-brake/engine brake into a clearing. Pucker moment.

Quick Reply: Sup w/them 2023 Summer Projects?