Evo Track Tips - Autobahn Country Club - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Evo Track Tips - Autobahn Country Club

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:26 PM
EvoM Moderator

Evo Track Tips - Autobahn Country Club

Hoping to get some track specific evo-specific tips from guys who race on ACC a lot - mainly focused on the South and Full configurations (1st and 3rd below):

Hoping to get some tips on how to go faster here, what the proper line for the Evo is, and what varying levels of Evos (Stock, Mild prep, Full Prep, Race) should run on these courses.

My Evo is a mild (minor bolt ons + added boost, 265 RT615k+ on 18x9.5, coilovers + various bushings & drivetrain mods) should do on these courses.

For my first time on the "Full" course was ~2:53.
My fastest on the "South" was a 1:43.8, with stock level boost

I think the tires are killing me, curious to see how RE71Rs will do out here with my tweaked suspension

Full:

South:
Old Dec 2, 2018, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Need to get some real data overlay showing throttle input. hard to critique with just video.

Turn 3 should be able to be taken flat if you set yourself up right.
4 is fast, don't over brake.
5 is early apex and carry speed through it. if your suspension is soft you can hit the inside curbing.
6- brake at the brake marker then turn in late, jump right back to throttle
7- flat
8- late brake and some what early apex.
9- early brake and hug the right and stay right.
10- all about the exit, make sure to set yourself up to get on throttle ASAP and STAY on throttle.
11- hard brake and cut the hell out of the right side. curbing is big, can almost get all 4 wheels on it.
12- flat
13- late brake and don't turn in too early. stay about a car length off the apex at 13. your real apex on this corner is 14. should be able to get on throttle right before 13 and flat to the finish.

Quickest lap to date. 1:22.7
Wasn't a good lap though, only got a few laps before the head started to lift.

Previous year lap-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EVOizmm For This Useful Post:
DontStopMe (Dec 2, 2018), kyoo (Dec 2, 2018)
Old Dec 2, 2018, 04:16 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by EVOizmm View Post
Need to get some real data overlay showing throttle input. hard to critique with just video.

Turn 3 should be able to be taken flat if you set yourself up right.
4 is fast, don't over brake.
5 is early apex and carry speed through it. if your suspension is soft you can hit the inside curbing.
6- brake at the brake marker then turn in late, jump right back to throttle
7- flat
8- late brake and some what early apex.
9- early brake and hug the right and stay right.
10- all about the exit, make sure to set yourself up to get on throttle ASAP and STAY on throttle.
11- hard brake and cut the hell out of the right side. curbing is big, can almost get all 4 wheels on it.
12- flat
13- late brake and don't turn in too early. stay about a car length off the apex at 13. your real apex on this corner is 14. should be able to get on throttle right before 13 and flat to the finish.

Quickest lap to date. 1:22.7
Wasn't a good lap though, only got a few laps before the head started to lift.
https://youtu.be/ivd8w5-w3e0

Previous year lap-
https://youtu.be/LfYzw1JxfH4
thanks a ton - i'll rewatch the videos with your comments in mind.

i assume this have some variance depending on the tire and width you're on? i.e., street tires vs r comps?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.