2019 Gridlife Season - Changes / Discussion - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Go Back  EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community > Competition > Motor Sports
Reload this Page >

2019 Gridlife Season - Changes / Discussion

Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

2019 Gridlife Season - Changes / Discussion

Old Jan 6, 2019, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW View Post
SM: “Cars must retain full dash, climate systems and controls...”

Does this mean you have to retain A/C?
No, it's specifically called out in street that AC may be removed so there's no way it'd be illegal for street mod. If you're worried then fire them an email to clarify.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

I feel like GTA is holding on to whatever they can and that this new SLB at CotA is going to be a big flop for them in an attempt to stay relevant by trying to get World Time Attack cars to ship their cars to the US to compete at CotA. The reality is that the time attack fields are bigger and better at Gridlife events than Global Time Attack events. Global Time Attack is a sub series to Formula Drift at Road Atlanta and their biggest event of the year SLB at Buttonwillow isn't even on the weekend. The new Time Attack merger is really just an attempt to use SCCA licensing to standardize the level of drivers competing at Time Attack and SCCA Time Trials events. They will colab to make sure none of their big events coincide on the same weekend thus stealing business from each, but that is about it.

Gridlife Cup is not meant to be anything other than a place for all the guys that have similar power to weight racecars that love coming to Gridlife events to have a chance to wheel 2 wheel race and put on a show for the crowds at the festivals. The owner Chris really wants to put on shows for spectators no different than music concerts. He wants the Live Stream to bring in viewers. Time Attack is boring to watch. We all know that and even adding "bracket battles" are still pretty damn boring to watch as their still is no passing and it's just about not making a mistake and increasing or closing a gap to the other car. I still make the NASA season and NASA Championships my priority every year, and I go to the Gridlife events to have fun with buddies. Instead of having fun running one or two laps a session I will now be able to have fun doing 15 minutes races.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 07:30 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by ayoustin View Post
If the rules don't call it out then it's legal. All diffs are legal, intercooler is legal, pretty much the only power mod you can't do is modify any of the wheels in the turbo. There's always more weight you can pull

I think the w2w stuff is a good idea. I think they're only doing one w2w at a festival but I think people will enjoy watching. The bracket battles were a big crowd puller last year so I know we're going to see more of that.
that is the opposite of scca and i love it lol
Old Jan 7, 2019, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Indeed. Driving 2 laps got really boring after a few years, so since I already had a cage I simply added a few other bits and attended a racing school to get my Lic (long way). From there I did my first event and never looked back lol. I do enjoy supersizing too if enough people are in class which allows us to still chase that clock without spending the whole damn weekend waiting. I really shoot for building her so she can do about any kind of event safely. Minus drifting....lol. Not all of us have Tut money and wife, both of which allow for multiple race cars and choose your own adventure haha.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 07:28 AM

I got lore attracted to GL because it seemed to be more laid back compared to the other series. I’m just pumped to race since last year I spent a good chunk out of commission with trans issues.

They just had an event at summit Sunday that I did. Was good to get out on track again after some time. All the wrecks were not fun to watch.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:15 PM
EvoM Moderator

https://www.seetickets.us/event/GRID...ON-PASS/378797

this is NOT the ticket i want to just race at autobahn right? what's the one that sells out like crazy?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyoo View Post

this is NOT the ticket i want to just race at autobahn right? what's the one that sells out like crazy?
No that's for a season pass. This is what you want, looks like the autobahn tickets are for sale for another month: http://www.grid.life/gridlife-events...e-round-4-2019
Old Jan 16, 2019, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyoo View Post

The only event that sells out immediately is Midwest Festival at Gingerman Raceway. As long as you aren't doing HPDE generally you don't need to worry about getting tickets the first day for the other events, but yeah if you plan to run for the Championship you will want to buy your Gold Pass today starting at Noon EST.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 07:24 AM
EvoM Moderator

thanks - prices for event 4 not listed yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.