EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Engine Managment! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/203286-engine-managment.html)

EMR8 May 27, 2006 09:41 AM

Engine Managment!

I am curious as to what EMS you guys are using for roadracing/timetrial/Autox. I just got my UTEC and got it tuned but i dont like it from a driviability aspect. Revmatching is tougher because when i dip into 35%TPS utec takes over and i dont get the throttle responce im looking for. Also its not as "transperent" as i would like. I can litteraly feel when utec takes over and im not sure i like its abrupt changes and not smooth power delivery. I was told it was because of the 250RPM resolution. Please share what has worked for you guys and a mods list would be nice. :beer:

ez May 27, 2006 09:50 AM

Who tuned it? No problems with UTEC crossover on both my Evos. Also, there some UTEC experts (MalibuJack for example) in the Evom UTEC forum...this post over there as well would be a great idea.

EMR8 May 27, 2006 10:17 AM

THanx for the responce. I just wanted to see what people are doing for engine management. I got it tuned by George @ PandLmotorsports. Hes a Utec guru FYI. It seems that even malibu jack is abandoning UTEC!!!

nothere May 27, 2006 10:18 AM

if you decide to go with an ems, i saw a hydra with wideband for around 1300 on the socal evo board.

that is a great price. tuners for the hydra are a little harder to find than aem, but a good tuner will have no problem with it.

i run the hydra myself, one of maybe a half dozen(from what i can discern).

EMR8 May 27, 2006 10:21 AM

I dont know but i feel like the utec is more "drag" oreiented. I think a flash would give me the best drivability and would be transperant interms of me knowing its screwing arround with timming and fuel. But the drawback is datalogging and which i want and switchable maps which i also want/need!!!!!!!

EMR8 May 27, 2006 11:29 AM

So ehhh.... what are you guys using!!!

ez May 27, 2006 11:32 AM

Jack is keeping his UTEC on the shelf for use when they upgrade to speed density...it has nothing to do with crossover. Although the UTEC is not for everyone, it can be tuned well for most track/autocross situations. One of our members, Mark (Evo8RA), is a serious competitive (and sponsored) autocrosser and runs the UTEC.

I would contact Jack and Mark an see what input they may have. The grass is not always greener with EMS systems....

Originally Posted by EMR8
THanx for the responce. I just wanted to see what people are doing for engine management. I got it tuned by George @ PandLmotorsports. Hes a Utec guru FYI. It seems that even malibu jack is abandoning UTEC!!!

992gnt May 27, 2006 01:24 PM

I'm running an ECU+ and couldn't be happier with it. I finished road-tuning it mayself back in February and haven't touched it since. No crossover issues either, and the datalogging capabilities are nearly second to none.

leif May 27, 2006 01:32 PM

xede....been running it in my car for almost 3 yrs.....no problem on the track or street.

RazorLab May 27, 2006 02:11 PM

ECU+ here.

No "crossover" points that I feel.

EVIL_EV0 May 29, 2006 06:16 PM

XEDE no problems but lacking on datalogging information.

SS RX7 r2 May 29, 2006 07:15 PM

At the 2005 SCCA Solo2 national championship, I believe all the national level autocross competitors in Evos used (or are now using) the Vishnu Xede.

SM - Mark Daddio.
ESP(now BSP) - Navid, Tak, Lieber.
STU- Silencer and myself.

EMR8 May 30, 2006 06:41 AM

Interesting. Thanks for your replies, are any of you using larger injectors? What kind of power is your EMS managing. A few more details like mods would help to. Thanx

ez May 30, 2006 07:50 AM

680cc injectors, 313WHP / 318 WTQ - Mustang Dyno