EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Evo in Speed World Challenge (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/214057-evo-speed-world-challenge.html)

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 07:23 AM

Evo in Speed World Challenge

Someone is trying to get the Evo homologized into Speed World Challenge GT! And I wanna know who it is... Here is the link to the page that shows the current cars eligible and cars that are in the homologation process.

http://www.world-challenge.com/competitors/vts.php

What is everyones feelings about the evo in SWC? I would love to see the car race in the series. I would guess the Evo might have a better chance than the Suby that ran long beach and St. pete.

The only Evo's that I know of that could run in the series is the AMS evo or the Muellerized evo.

Anyone know who submitted the request?

-Kyle

scorke Jul 27, 2006 07:28 AM

Both the AMS and Mueller evo are far over modified for that series....

Scorke

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by scorke

Scorke

How do you figure?? both the AMS / Muellerized evo weight more the 2,800lbs prob 3,000 wet... and could be tuned to any HP # on the planet. They dont even use carbon fiber body panels.

Did you think I meant SWC touring ??

Read the rules / specs for SWC GT... they have 996 turbos with 600hp and more carbon than you could imagine..

I think the evo is PERFECT for SWC. If anything... they need to lighten the cars up more and keep the power right where it is. I think the LG motorsports vette weighs 2700 lbs and has 570 hp

scorke Jul 27, 2006 07:39 AM

Yes I thought SWC touring, in the case of Speed GT your absolutely right, I dunno about turbos with 600 hp as 997 GT3's compete in that class, a 600hp awd 911 albeit with a weight advantage would fly. Maybe your right, lets see, it would be a hell of an investment, imagine the amount of RA-1's....

Scorke

slider Jul 27, 2006 07:41 AM

Scorke

...so tell us what you know about it.

slider Jul 27, 2006 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by kingkyle
Someone is trying to get the Evo homologized into Speed World Challenge GT! And I wanna know who it is... Here is the link to the page that shows the current cars eligible and cars that are in the homologation process.

http://www.world-challenge.com/competitors/vts.php

What is everyones feelings about the evo in SWC? I would love to see the car race in the series. I would guess the Evo might have a better chance than the Suby that ran long beach and St. pete.

The only Evo's that I know of that could run in the series is the AMS evo or the Muellerized evo.

Anyone know who submitted the request?

-Kyle

Kyle, I believe the answer is Muellerized. I'm not sure if AMS has submitted anything to the SCCA but John Mueller has.

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 07:44 AM

Yes I thought SWC touring, in the case of Speed GT your absolutely right, I dunno about turbos with 600 hp as 997 GT3's compete in that class, a 600hp awd 911 albeit with a weight advantage would fly. Maybe your right, lets see, it would be a hell of an investment, imagine the amount of RA-1's....

Scorke

they regulate the cars by weight / power ratio .. then they adjust them once they race. The 996 turbo has a crazy ammount of power, but is hefty... I think 2,900lbs. The GT3 cups are stock with a PMS 450 hp motor and weight 2,500lbs. THey can cut another 50lbs if they use a H patern box.

Yeah... mountains of RA-1's... thats the thing though, everyhting in SWC is grip. With the evo's AWD, it will make up for the lack of grip from the RA-1's and would have some advantege.

I just wanna know who submitted the request for the evo to compete. Bet its a secret {thumbup}

scorke Jul 27, 2006 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by slider
...so tell us what you know about it.

I thought he was originally speaking of a different series, the one with the 330's, RSX's and such..... why dont you tell us about it because you know far more about it.

Scorke

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 07:45 AM

Kyle, I believe the amswer is Muellerized. I'm not sure if AMS has submitted anything to the SCCA but John Mueller has.

NICE !

Any chance its your car? you are Kent right.... i cant remember if this is your screen name or not

Tell me more!

-Kyle

slider Jul 27, 2006 07:54 AM

NICE !

Any chance its your car? you are Kent right.... i cant remember if this is your screen name or not

-Kyle

Mueller has been working for some time now, the better part of a year, working with the SCCA to see just what they might allow with the Evo.

In the meantime we continue to develope both car and driver.

Nobody would like to see an Evo compete at the Pro level(WCGT) more than us but it doesn't make sense to our main sponsor to shell out the bucks if they won't allow us to enter a car that can be competitive.

-Kent

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 07:58 AM

Mueller has been working for some time now, the better part of a year, working with the SCCA to see just what they might allow with the Evo.

In the meantime we continue to develope both car and driver.

Nobody would like to see an Evo compete at the Pro level(WCGT) but it doesn't make sense to our main sponsor to sheel out the bucks if they won't allow us to enter a car that can be competitive.

-Kent

Thats not fair.. they allow the skyline GTR and a subaru STI that cant event compete. Your car should be in the SWC no question.

Best of luck with everything and I really hope the SCCA lets the evo compete

slider Jul 27, 2006 08:03 AM

Thats not fair.. they allow the skyline GTR and a subaru STI that cant event compete. Your car should be in the SWC no question.

Best of luck with everything and I really hope the SCCA lets the evo compete

It's not an issue of the SCCA getting the Evo homologated but of getting the proper consessions that would let the Evo be competitive.

The skyline and subbie are 2 cases of the point, homologated but not competitive.

kingkyle Jul 27, 2006 08:10 AM

It's not an issue of the SCCA getting the Evo homologated but of getting the proper consessions that would let the Evo be competitive.

The skyline and subbie are 2 cases of the point, homologated but not competitive.

I see.. so they are basically telling you to take your turbo off or else... I cant stand the fact that V8 lovers run the world of racing in the US. If they would get the cars on the dyno... bring some car scales, figure out the power/weight, I would say thats fair. Only in the US is this an issue.

Bet the SWC ratings would go through the roof if your car ran with the top 5 cars.

-Kyle

'ringmeister Jul 27, 2006 08:53 AM

very tough series for a privateer team to be competitive in a new car. you are up against the very high-dollar factory efforts like cadillac (which i believe are run by pratt miller who also runs the ALMS corvette program). dodge i believes provides a lot of assistance to the viper competition coupes, as does porsche for the cup cars. look at how much volvo has struggled and their program is factory supported and least 2yrs old. also the caliber of drivers is very high at the sharp end of the field (ie johny o'connel) so you better have the cash to hire a top notch talent. it would still be cool to see an evo out there but it it will most likely only be on camera when the front runners are lapping it.

scorke Jul 27, 2006 11:26 AM

Leh could handle it. GSC Entry come on....

Scorke