EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   EVO IX vs. Porsche Club of America (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/308337-evo-ix-vs-porsche-club-america.html)

cgmeredithjr Nov 18, 2007 07:14 AM

EVO IX vs. Porsche Club of America

5 Attachment(s)
First off, I am a Porsche owner and love the cars...but there is nothing quite as fun as taking the IX to Road Atlanta for a Porsche Club Driver Education event and spanking every single high dollar car out there. Out of 160 cars, including track prepared 997 GT3's, 996 GT3's, 996TT's, 993TT's, Ferrari Challenge, BMW M5's, M3's, etc., the IX was consistently running 1-2 seconds a lap faster than anything else (1:35's).

A big THANK YOU to Doug and the crew at TopSpeed in Alpharetta, GA for making the car so damn fast and reliable!

Another big THANK YOU to AMS for all the bitc*'n go fast parts!

Cleve{thumbup}

Reefer650 Nov 18, 2007 07:16 AM

bring on the gt3's

compscibOi Nov 18, 2007 07:17 AM

lol congrats {thumbup} Any vids??

cgmeredithjr Nov 18, 2007 07:19 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More Pics.

Waz996 Nov 18, 2007 07:19 AM

someone post this link on www.rennlist.com ! :-)

cij911 Nov 18, 2007 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr (Post 4967284)
First off, I am a Porsche owner and love the cars...but there is nothing quite as fun as taking the IX to Road Atlanta for a Porsche Club Driver Education event and spanking every single high dollar car out there. Out of 160 cars, including track prepared 997 GT3's, 996 GT3's, 996TT's, 993TT's, Ferrari Challenge, BMW M5's, M3's, etc., the IX was consistently running 1-2 seconds a lap faster than anything else (1:35's).

A big THANK YOU to Doug and the crew at TopSpeed in Alpharetta, GA for making the car so damn fast and reliable!

Another big THANK YOU to AMS for all the *****'n go fast parts!

Cleve{thumbup}

I have to agree as a Porsche owner...I actually prefer the Evo in most scenarios because: (a) I don't worry if it gets rock chips, door dings, scratches, etc., (b) can take the kids to the market, and (c) has a 'real' trunk. The 911s are much prettier, better built / more solid, and get more 'valet cachet' IMHO.

What have you done to your evo?

cgmeredithjr Nov 18, 2007 07:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple more.

Tracer Nov 18, 2007 07:26 AM

Hey this is Tim I met you the other day at topspeed when I was getting my car tuned, kick a$$ pics!

cgmeredithjr Nov 18, 2007 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by cij911 (Post 4967299)
I have to agree as a Porsche owner...I actually prefer the Evo in most scenarios because: (a) I don't worry if it gets rock chips, door dings, scratches, etc., (b) can take the kids to the market, and (c) has a 'real' trunk. The 911s are much prettier, better built / more solid, and get more 'valet cachet' IMHO.

What have you done to your evo?

At this event the car was running the following:

Stock Long Block
AMS 50 Trim Kit
GSC S1 Cams
AMS Downpipe, Random Technologies Cat, Cobb Catback
780CC Injectors
AMS Intercooler and Piping
ACT HD Street Clutch
Megan Track Coilovers: Front set at 27, Rear set at 24 (clicks)
Whiteline Roll Center Correction Kit
Alignment Settings: -3.8 Camber/0 Toe Front, -1.4/Slight Toe in Rear
BF Goodrich R1 255/40-17
Performance Friction 2-Piece Rotors, PF-01 pads Front, Metallic Z Rear, SRF Fluid
AMS Brake Duct Kit (mandatory)
Steel Lines
Beatrush Undertray

Tuning by Doug @ TopSpeed:
Dynojet Results 401AWHP on 93, 481 AWHP on VP MS109

Just added: Exedy HD Twin, Coolingmist Meth Injection.

The car is about to receive an HTA35R, AEM, AMS surge tank fuel system, tuning for: 93, 93+Meth, E85, E85+Meth

Then of course it will need a built motor!

Cleve

cgmeredithjr Nov 18, 2007 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tracer (Post 4967308)
Hey this is Tim I met you the other day at topspeed when I was getting my car tuned, kick a$$ pics!

Tim,

How's that tune by Doug feelin? HP is a baaad drug.

Cleve

Tracer Nov 18, 2007 07:46 AM

Big difference and the car is smoother than ever!!

Smogrunner Nov 18, 2007 09:03 AM

I love this thread. How the heck do you get that much negative camber up front. Are you running smallish front wheels/tires? It is also about time for more aero treatment...

Fishey Nov 18, 2007 09:04 AM

I am suprised that you would beat up on all the cars at a PCA DE as usually you will get atleast 1 GT1 class car. Also, an good lap time for a F class car is about a 1:40 at road alanta and E class is usually all over the 1:35 lap times. These cars are not nearly as fast as some other cars so I am pretty confused on why everyone was running so slow. Regardless, that car looks really good and I am glad to see you stick it to the Porsche crowd.)

EVOIIIM3 Nov 18, 2007 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr (Post 4967337)
At this event the car was running the following:

Stock Long Block
AMS 50 Trim Kit
GSC S1 Cams
780CC Injectors
AMS Intercooler and Piping
ACT HD Street Clutch
Megan Track Coilovers: Front set at 27, Rear set at 24 (clicks)
Whiteline Roll Center Correction Kit
Alignment Settings: -3.8 Camber/0 Toe Front, -1.4/Slight Toe in Rear
BF Goodrich R1 255/40-17
Performance Friction 2-Piece Rotors, PF-01 pads Front, Metallic Z Rear, SRF Fluid
AMS Brake Duct Kit (mandatory)
Steel Lines

Tuning by Doug @ TopSpeed:
Dynojet Results 401AWHP on 93, 481 AWHP on VP MS109

Just added: Exedy HD Twin, Coolingmist Meth Injection.

The car is about to receive an HTA35R, AEM, AMS surge tank fuel system, tuning for: 93, 93+Meth, E85, E85+Meth

Then of course it will need a built motor!

Cleve

While I also LOVE my 993, my simple bolt on to my EVO, it is not even in the same league. With what you have on yours, I can't see many cars keeping up. Maybe a modded Turbo, or a modded GT car.

Stock 993 mustang dyno, 220awhp
Same Dyno, EVO 290 awhp that was with a bad HFC!!
The 993 handles better with stock (M030 suspension) then the EVO with stock. On a cruise, I will take the 993. But for going fast, & being stupid, it's hard to beat the EVO.

While the EVO holds it's value, I doubt it will be worth anything close to my 993 in another 10 years. While the EVO is a great car, I get more thrills from driving the 993.

OldschoolEVO Nov 18, 2007 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr (Post 4967284)

Another big THANK YOU to AMS for all the *****'n go fast parts!

Cleve{thumbup}

I love Evos to death but I find this really hard to believe.