EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Does Insurance cover HPDE's and Track Days?! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/670241-does-insurance-cover-hpdes-track-days.html)

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 04:39 PM

Does Insurance cover HPDE's and Track Days?!

Does any one know if their insurance company or any insurance company for that matter covers HPDE's and track days?! I apologize if this topic has been brought up and discussed before, I would just like to know cause I am scheduled to race my Evo IX with NASA AZ this coming fall/spring. I have no intentions of anything happening, however we don't live in a perfect world and if something were to happen I'm just curious if I would be covered or not. Thanks {thumbup}:mitsu::beer:

SDevo13 Sep 15, 2013 04:51 PM

Depends on your insurance company. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it is at extra cost, sometimes not. I would contact your insurance agent/company to find out if you are covered.

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by SDevo13 (Post 10958896)
Depends on your insurance company. Some do, some don't. Sometimes it is at extra cost, sometimes not. I would contact your insurance agent/company to find out if you are covered.

Sounds good man thanks for the info {thumbup}

delongedoug Sep 15, 2013 05:01 PM

Highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing I was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before I knew what I was getting into and haven't since.

Rule of thumb is if you can't afford to write it off, don't track it.

golgo13 Sep 15, 2013 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by delongedoug (Post 10958908)
highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing i was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before i knew what i was getting into and haven't since.

+1

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by delongedoug (Post 10958908)
Highly unlikely. I wouldn't even want them knowing I was on track. I bought track insurance for my first event before I knew what I was getting into and haven't since.

so is your evo strictly a track car that is never driven on the street and is therefore not insured?! Or is your evo a street car that can be driven on the track therefore you have standard insurance?! Sorry if that's confusing :lol:

MinusPrevious Sep 15, 2013 06:13 PM

This topic has been discussed previously. Id be curious as to what main stream insurance company would cover track related claims:confused:

Here's a provider of HPDE Ins: http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 10958985)
This topic has been discussed previously. Id be curious as to what main stream insurance company would cover track related claims:confused:

Here's a provider of HPDE Ins: http://www.ontrackinsurance.com/index.aspx

Yeah I can't think of any either. like I said I don't plan on anything happening, I was more just curious than anything else

MinusPrevious Sep 15, 2013 06:39 PM

After you do a few track days I dont think you will be too concerned if you stay with-in the limits (ha ha)

Remember its a track day, not race day{thumbup}

Raptord Sep 15, 2013 06:50 PM

Most companies write in your contract that you aren't even allowed to participate in track days, let alone be covered for them.

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious (Post 10959017)
After you do a few track days I dont think you will be too concerned if you stay with-in the limits (ha ha)

Remember its a track day, not race day{thumbup}

Well said sir :lol:

killerpenguin21 Sep 15, 2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz (Post 10958950)
so is your evo strictly a track car that is never driven on the street and is therefore not insured?! Or is your evo a street car that can be driven on the track therefore you have standard insurance?! Sorry if that's confusing :lol:

i have insurance to cover me driving on the street zero expectation of them covering something on track. i take my plates off on the track because i have actually seen people get caught on track by their insurance and dropped by their insurance.

e_kobz Sep 15, 2013 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21 (Post 10959082)
i have insurance to cover me driving on the street zero expectation of them covering something on track. i take my plates off on the track because i have actually seen people get caught on track by their insurance and dropped by their insurance.

Damn that sucks, I would be pissed if that happened to me. I'll definitely be taking my plates off

morricus Sep 16, 2013 08:30 AM

If you do get track insurance, make sure you get one that covers TT, which it looks like you do. Only a handful cover actual competition. I use Hartland Insurance Group. They cover both Time Trial and wheel to wheel. I haven't filed a claim thankfully, but they've been outstanding and very professional.

e_kobz Sep 16, 2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by morricus (Post 10959470)
If you do get track insurance, make sure you get one that covers TT, which it looks like you do. Only a handful cover actual competition. I use Hartland Insurance Group. They cover both Time Trial and wheel to wheel. I haven't filed a claim thankfully, but they've been outstanding and very professional.

Thanks for the input buddy, definitely good to know {thumbup}