EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Autocross Brake Pads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/746692-autocross-brake-pads.html)

BigT Feb 15, 2018 08:54 AM

Autocross Brake Pads

Need some pads for my heavy Evo X. Don't care about dust. Would prefer not too loud like the ST43. Wear is not a huge concern. Warming up relatively quickly is important since this is autocross. I'll be happy if I can get one season out of them: single driver, 25-30 events, and ~ 3000 street miles. For reference, drove an event in an STU Evo X last season and was not so happy with DS2500 pads up front and stockers in the rear.

kyoo Feb 15, 2018 08:57 AM

i'd look into project mu, seems like there are some good options there. most people use like hawk or whatever, i'm pretty meh about those. or maybe carbotech ax6.

i use girodisc ss, not satisifed with the stopping power. not sure what i'll swap to but i'm gonna be using st43s for track so i may give it a shot

Dallas J Feb 15, 2018 09:06 AM

I have ST43's and they are amazing on track but terrible everywhere else. Dust and noise is out of control on them. Going to try Girodisc s/s (theyre cheaper than most the alternatives). And if they suck I'll just keep them for winter use.

kyoo Feb 15, 2018 09:13 AM

^ are they bad for autox use too/

Dallas J Feb 15, 2018 09:29 AM

No, they are really good to AX too. Dont seem to need any heat before they just work. On track I couldnt get them to fade, pretty sure they'll just melt other things before they give up.

kyoo Feb 15, 2018 09:40 AM

what fluid did you use for track?

heel2toe Feb 15, 2018 09:50 AM

Sam- what did you use prior to the S/S pads? Im still surprised you didnt care for those especially on street tires. I think ST43's are going to be overkill for you in auto-x. Track different beast as heat will play a much larger role...

kyoo Feb 15, 2018 10:06 AM

ferodo ds2500s.

i'll temper my comments after i see how they feel on the x calipers, but project mu's got an interesting line up of pads that i'd like to try

heel2toe Feb 15, 2018 10:51 AM

Still think you didnt bed them in properly. Did you like the DS2500s? Bc theyre like basically the same...

And what are these news project mu pads? I thought those were more "JDMtyte" vs racecar parts but wtf do I know.

e_kobz Feb 15, 2018 02:30 PM

I've used the Ferodo DW2500's at a few auto-x events. No compaints here. They come up to temp quick, don't fade, and have great bite.

Bee-Raddd Feb 16, 2018 05:06 AM

pagid rst3 work from cold and have heaps of bite.

BigT Feb 16, 2018 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by bee-raddd (Post 11804230)
pagid rst3 work from cold and have heaps of bite.

Seem to have to order these from Europe?

Thoughts on Carbotech pads?

kikiturbo Feb 16, 2018 06:54 AM

carbotech xp12 + xp10 rears.. live with the noise.. Both work from cold

edited to say.. WE love carbotech pads.. I use nothing else. Work great from cold with super bite on all temps. Only downside is noise, however I have not seen another pad like it.

Bee-Raddd Feb 16, 2018 09:24 PM

ive never used carbotech. Cant get them in europe.

No idea who sells pagid in the states? surely theres an agent. i think you guys may call them pagid reds but their correct name from pagid is rst3.

Literally make 2 brake applications on my warm up lap with the rst3 and they are warm and working. and i have the big 22mm thick endurance pad version on my AP calipers. so a 14mm or whatever stock pad is would be instantly on. perfect for auto x.

kikiturbo Feb 17, 2018 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by bee-raddd (Post 11804453)
ive never used carbotech. Cant get them in europe.

?

http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

they even make them in UK with US sourced materials, even do custom pads on request.