I just deleted my instagram account - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
New Off-Topic Open to all members. Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the Lancer and Lancer Evolution in any way.

I just deleted my instagram account

Old Oct 24, 2018, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

I just deleted my instagram account

I set up an Instagram account just for a laugh about 6 months ago to follow a few gym mates who had cars and bikes, not really understanding the platform and how you use it. I also started following a bunch of reality tv stars, metal bands, pro photographers and other odds and sods.

I kept it all separate from my private life. I thought I might use some of my corporate business development skills to give out advice to some of the celebs to better their brand name and I soon had some high profile followers, I was having regular DM convos with them on how to chase better promo opportunities, most of them had agents which pumped them with low end stuff like sending them new shoes or products to flog to followers, some were promoting resorts and high end hotels for free accommodation and food, I sort of got wrapped up in this world a bit and the amount of time spent checking insta alert distracted me and took away time I could have been spending on projects on the car and working on the house. Id sit down with the family to watch the footy and would be looking over at my phone every 5 min to check insta alerts.
Also when working on a large project for work, if I become stressed Id use insta to distract me for a while and procrastination started to become evident.

Just recently I saw a good article on how society is interacting with social media and using it to elevate their status in society my having more followers, likes and return comments than others at their social economic level, it used to be once hard work to achieves this. It also feeds anxiety, ADHD and depression with quick uppers and downers which may then impact personal behaviour.
So
I thought about it for a while and how this stuff was effecting myself and then just did the big account delete, took a few days to come out of it, been auto flicking to the app and no its gone, or been looking at the phone, no alerts, now I feel more alert, focused and relaxed and I aint going back
Old Oct 24, 2018, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Good for you! Although by me responding to your post, Im not sure Im helping you with your problem.
Good luck staying unplugged and hope you enjoy more time in the real world.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.