"Shoot me a PM" - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
New Off-Topic Open to all members. Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the Lancer and Lancer Evolution in any way.

"Shoot me a PM"

Old Jan 26, 2019, 05:51 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

"Shoot me a PM"

Always wondered:
Why do people post this instead of sending you a PM? It adds a step and possibly days' worth of delay.
Is there a disadvantage to being the first to PM?
The Following User Says Thank You to kaj For This Useful Post:
MinusPrevious (Jan 26, 2019)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 06:00 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I just sent you a PM to explain
The Following User Says Thank You to MinusPrevious For This Useful Post:
kaj (Jan 26, 2019)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

I can also explain. Shoot me a PM your best price and I’ll get back to you when I feel like it, or I’ll probably just forget.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 06:37 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
I just sent you a PM to explain

Originally Posted by APEXR View Post
I can also explain. Shoot me a PM your best price and Iíll get back to you when I feel like it, or Iíll probably just forget.
But people do it for everything. When they have an idea to help you, when they have something you are looking for, when you have something they are looking for...
In the time it took them to make the post, they could have sent you a PM and expedited the process. I think it's funny, anyway. I just wonder if anyone had any insight to why it happens, seeing how the internet usually has certain "trends" and etiquette that I never understand
Old Jan 26, 2019, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

I poke fun because I hadn’t really thought about it until I read your post, and then I realized how many times I’ve seen this exact thing.
My best guess? We live in a world where people put things out to anyone & everyone looking for a response. It’s been speculated that getting that response is similar to other things we enjoy in that release endorphins. It’s that anticipation of waiting, and then seeing a response that makes us feel good. It’s a vicious cycle, but one that a lot of people live by. Ex: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram...
So I say “Shoot me a PM”. And then I get to wait, checking my inbox over & over again, in anticipation.
Or maybe it’s just been a long week and I have no idea what I’m even talking about.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 09:06 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

maybe part of it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Yea if you are trying to buy an item for someone its a better idea to negotiate it through private messages.

If someone has a question that they want to ask and get an answer from one specific individual then a pm seems like the best way to communicate one on one.

I get annoyed when I have to pm people an offer for an item I want to buy because they don't post prices. I feel like its a waste of time and generally will lose interest in buying the item.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:45 PM
kaj
Evolved Member

That's a dulifferent topic, but I agree with what ya are saying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.