Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Bad news guys. A friendly reminder to NTEC.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad news guys. A friendly reminder to NTEC.

Five cars were broken into last Saturday night at my gated, remote access apartment building in downtown Dallas (West End Station). Mine was one of them. There's been somewhat of an epidemic of car burglaries in the area lately.

I know some of y'all like to come down here for events and such, but BE CAREFUL. I had the faceplate of my stereo detached and hidden but that didn't stop them from breaking the window and finding it anyway. In other words, taking the faceplate with you still won't save your glass. The worst part? They forgot a screw driver, so they left empty-handed (well, with a 2g Nano, but that's worth like $30 on the street) and left me with a really big, pointless mess.

This is my dream car. I worked and saved hard for a long time to get it, and it's just frustrating how quickly someone else can take advantage of it.

This should be common sense, but as a reminder- be careful in West End/Victory Park. These thieves obviously have nothing to loose.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry to hear man. Its really a shame. So next time park your car near your window and set up your perch with your high power 308 and pop a cap in thier ***.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 05:55 AM

Wow thats crazy. There were 5 cars broken into at my downtown complex last week. Luckily I have my own garage space. I hope they catch those pos *****.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
That really sucks to hear
Old Dec 14, 2010, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks...i would have a really loud car alarm & a back up alarm on my evo if it was always parked outside. hope everything turns out ok.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the reminder and sorry to hear about that. One of my good friends had his truck stolen from that area. The cops found it on bricks the next day and my friend was out some wheels and a laptop.

Best of luck getting your window fixed
Old Dec 14, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

So sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me several years ago when the Evo was about a year old, thugs broke a side window and didn't steal anything but a pair of Oakley shades that I didn't like. Hell, I would have given the shades away..
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
So sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me several years ago when the Evo was about a year old, thugs broke a side window and didn't steal anything but a pair of Oakley shades that I didn't like. Hell, I would have given the shades away..
I know what you mean. I would have pulled the stereo out gently and handed it to them if it meant avoiding that glass mess. I mean the smallest pieces of glass got into the toughest places. Fortunately the glass was only $50 (front left) new, and it only took me about 10 minutes to change once the door panel was off.

This situation is kind of sad because my girlfriend and I chose this building because of its seemingly stellar parking garage/gate system. I can't wait to get a house- with a garage.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like kids doing this.....so i wouldt really worry to much about it continuing.