EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/north-texas-evo-club-ntec-303/)
-   -   NTEC Newb Modding Day ROUND 2 - June 27th @ 8 AM (Plano, TX) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/north-texas-evo-club-ntec/491790-ntec-newb-modding-day-round-2-june-27th-8-am-plano-tx.html)

Kracka May 11, 2010 05:54 PM

NTEC Newb Modding Day ROUND 2 - June 27th @ 8 AM (Plano, TX)

Date: Sunday, June 27th
Time: 8:00am - ???

Get ready for round 2! Same style as last time, but this time hopefully people can show up on time so we can get an early start on all projects to save the late afternoon/evening hours for relaxing and knocking back a beer or two. Also, it would be appreciated if everyone could bring something to share; since Andrew is kind enough to open up his house to everyone again I'd like for him to not have to provide any food and drinks, especially with how generous he was for the last one.

Start buying up your new parts so everything is ready to go! Nothing too big or extreme though since this will be a 1-day event with multiple cars going under the wrench so no head gasket, clutch, etc. type of jobs. We can do quite a bit of work though so if you want to get a new set of cams, a ported manifold, o2 housing, etc. feel free! Here is what we did at the last event:

IX cams
IX wideband
VIII brake/clutch fluid
VIII clutch restrictor pill
VIII complete brake job (lines, pads, rotors, fluid)
IX front engine mount
IX race harnesses
X race harnesses
X rear anti-sway bar
VIII headlight buffing
VIII spark plugs

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too so don't be afraid to ask if we can do it, but it will almost definitely be a yes!

RULES
1. Everyone must pitch-in. These days aren't just to get free labor and leave. If you want your car worked on please help others with their cars too.
2. Please bring something to share (food/beverage/etc.). We'll start a sign-up sheet closer to the actual date.
3. Be sure to verify we have all the proper tools/supplies needed for your install. If you are unsure just ask me and I'll provide you with a list of tools/supplies you'll need to pick up prior to the event.
4. Please post up what you want to get accomplished to make sure everyone is prepared for the upcoming tasks.
5. Have fun hanging out with the group while meeting new people!

Want to buy something new but you don't know what? Check out this resource for some great ideas: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-100-time.html

krisiun May 11, 2010 06:30 PM

Off week, I am down.

laramie_05MR May 11, 2010 06:53 PM

I'll be at the Pikes Peak hill climb. :D

mrMTB May 11, 2010 07:39 PM

I'm in with jack, jack stands, BBQ time, beer, and moral support.

krisiun May 12, 2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by laramie_05MR (Post 8297072)
I'll be at the Pikes Peak hill climb. :D

Did I ever mention the overwhelming hate I have for you stemming from my uncontrollable jealousy? That is so awesome, we drove it when we were in Colorado, the change in altitude is no joke.

laramie_05MR May 12, 2010 10:34 AM

Well I'm jealous of your car.

What is going to be your first mod?

krisiun May 12, 2010 05:50 PM

It already has quite a few. I am buying an extra set of wheels from Sean. I will probably be investing in coilovers or be making a call to BlaqOps

Acree May 12, 2010 07:13 PM

I'm in. If I can't my Evo up and running by this time, then I'll just bring all my electrical stuff and have a hay day installing gauges, ebc's, or whatever uses electricity. I'll probably be bringing beer or meat, depending on what people need. Also I have a large assortment of tools, so feel free to ask.

-Acree

laramie_05MR May 12, 2010 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by krisiun (Post 8300559)
It already has quite a few. I am buying an extra set of wheels from Sean. I will probably be investing in coilovers or be making a call to BlaqOps

I am running or rather was running a BlaqOps dbl pumper. I'm a big fan of his products.

dyezak May 14, 2010 11:48 AM

I'll be coming, I ordered my new fill and drain plugs for my transmission so we can e-z out my current mangled plugs and do my driveline fluids. I also got a new fender and headlight that should be ready by then and possibly a hood. If I'm really lucky I will have found a bumper too!! So we could replace the entire front end of my Evo if I'm lucky with all new parts. MMM Tasty!

ElectrIX Blue May 18, 2010 08:43 AM

ill be replacing the cabin air filter and helping out

IMPdemon May 18, 2010 08:56 AM

Sub'd. Hopefully can make this, but I don't know if I'll have anything to work on.

Kracka May 18, 2010 09:38 AM

I may have some new toys to work on :D

Shimanchu May 19, 2010 06:12 AM

Start a list?

1. Shimanchu

Kracka May 25, 2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shimanchu (Post 8321447)
Start a list?

1. Shimanchu

Add what you plan to install please!