Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Hello~! moving to brooklyn soon....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello~! moving to brooklyn soon....

Hello guys... This is bananafi5h from Maryland... I just have few questions if you don't mind.... I am moving to brooklyn, ny soon because of school and planning to live off campus... so, any suggestions on where neighbor is safe for me and my car? I am thinking about paying max 1500 for a rent.... any help would be appreciated... is bay ridge area good place live?
Old Jun 20, 2008, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I used to live in Bay Ridge.. 70st and up is a very nice area. Hard to find parking spots tho. Used to live on 3rd ave and 88th st, and had to park my car close to Fort Hamilton HS. Too many restaurants on 3rd ave grrr

You should be able to find a place for $1500, but if you are going to bring your Evo, set aside $150/200 a month for a garage. Its a safe neighborhood, but I wouldn't park my Evo on the streets.

Where are you going to school ?. R train is on 4th ave and 86th street, which you can take to 59th st and transfer to N express and be in Manhattan in no time. There are also many bus stops on 3rd, 4th ave, 86th st. Nice shopping center on 86th between 4th and 5th. Basically everything is close by, and neighborhood is very nice especially when you get closer to the water. Million $$$ houses all over the place

Last edited by letMeIn; Jun 20, 2008 at 06:49 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by letMeIn
I used to live in Bay Ridge.. 70st and up is a very nice area. Hard to find parking spots tho. Used to live on 3rd ave and 88th st, and had to park my car close to Fort Hamilton HS. Too many restaurants on 3rd ave grrr

You should be able to find a place for $1500, but if you are going to bring your Evo, set aside $150/200 a month for a garage. Its a safe neighborhood, but I wouldn't park my Evo on the streets.

Where are you going to school ?. R train is on 4th ave and 86th street, which you can take to 59th st and transfer to N express and be in Manhattan in no time. There are also many bus stops on 3rd, 4th ave, 86th st. Nice shopping center on 86th between 4th and 5th. Basically everything is close by, and neighborhood is very nice especially when you get closer to the water. Million $$$ houses all over the place
Thank you so much for help..... I am going back to Pratt Institute this fall....tough neighbor .... I am taking leave of absence right now because of my health.... used to live in a dorm for 2 years but i can't stand anymore..... I found one studio calls Bay Ridge Properties, 8235 4th Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11209.. only 950 a month.... yea... I am worrying about parking a EVO too..tough to find apartment that includes parking spots.... one thing i am trying to avoid is park on the streets... hope there is garage nearby..... 200 month for a garage is not bad..... I am still searching for other places not too far from school...
Thank you....

Last edited by bananafi5h; Jun 20, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 04:29 PM

sorry... but how's Rego park, forest hill and Kew garden??? thanks..
Old Jun 20, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bananafi5h
sorry... but how's Rego park, forest hill and Kew garden??? thanks..
Those are nice parts of Queens.

I lived in Flushing for over 20 years before moving to NJ.

- Forest Hills is very expensive and parking is hard to come by.

- Rego Park is better but starting to get crowded since the Queens Center Mall is right around the corner.

- Kew Gardens will be the quietest of the 3 areas, but it's the furthest east and to get to Brooklyn you'd have to drive or take the bus to the train (no subways that far east).

I like Kew Gardens since it's close to Flushing which has some great Chinese restaurants.

PM me if you need more Queens info.

Have you checked out Staten Island?
Old Jun 21, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Bay ridge or dyker hights are ideal for the safety and economy.