Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Lebanon PA area meet/cruise to Carlisle P&S show: 8/9 May

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lebanon PA area meet/cruise to Carlisle P&S show: 8/9 May

Our car club will be meeting at Love's in Jonestown, PA (exit 90 off of I-81) for a cruise to the 2010 Carlisle Performance & Style show 8/9 May 2010. If you attended the 2010 TST Sonic meet, there should be just as many cars at this event. There are many classes with multiple awards, even one for team participation, so bring as many people as you can. I am unsure just how the judging will be done this year. Last year, you parked with your crew on Saturday, but Sunday they split you up by make and/or model for judging, i.e. Evo's w/ Evo's, STi's w/ STi's, even the v-dub guys were broken down into smaller sub-groups. I've heard rumors that they're will be drive-thru judging this year...we haven't been able to confirm this rumor as of yet.

Last year they had a big vendor turn-out, a drift course, and even a dyno, so bring some $$ if you wish to participate. I am told that this year should be the same set-up.

We strongly encourage anyone in the Lebanon/surrounding areas to come, meet up and cruise with us. This will be a fun day with tons of cars, music and a good atmosphere. Please ensure your car is able to make the hour trip. Most of us will have tools, but ensure you have a back-up plan if you break down and we are unalble to fix your ride. Also, if you chose to attend, please fill your car up before we leave! If you will be trailering your ride, there will be ample parking for your truck/trailer.

Additionally, if we can get it worked out, we can stop on the way through Harrisburg and meet up with any other groups and cruise down in one big caravan.

Also posted on tristatetuners, SPADSM, patuned

Date: 8/9 May 2010

Meeting Time: 0630

Departure Time: 0700ish

Departure Location: Love's Travel Stop
Exit 90 off of I-81
22 Old Forge Rd, Jonestown, PA 17038
(717) 861-7390‎

Show info: Carlisle Performance & Style

Adult Admission: Sat. $20 /Sun. $15 /2-Day Weekend Pass $25
Child Admission: 8 and under - FREE

PRE-REGISTERED VEHICLES HEADING TO GATE 5:

From points North on I-81 or PA Turnpike Head South on Rt. 11 toward Carlisle; Go about one mile past the Turnpike and turn RIGHT onto Cavalry Road; go down Cavalry Road approximately ½ mile and turn LEFT into the Gate 5 entrance parking lot. Look for signs along the way to help guide you.

From points South on I-81 Get off at Exit 47, turn LEFT off the exit ramp onto Rt. 34 North; go about three miles (thru downtown Carlisle) and stay straight onto Rt. 11 North (do not follow Rt. 34 North toward Gate 3); take Rt. 11 North about one mile and turn LEFT onto Cavalry Road; go down Cavalry Road approximately ½ mile and turn LEFT into the Gate 5 entrance parking lot. Look for signs along the way to help guide you.

DAY OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS HEADING TO GATE 3:

From I-81 North or PA Turnpike head South on Rt. 11 toward Carlisle; turn RIGHT onto Clay Street; turn RIGHT onto Rt. 34 North (Carlisle Springs Road); turn RIGHT onto K Street; turn LEFT into the Show Field Registration lot.

From I-81 South get off at Exit 45, turn LEFT off the exit ramp onto Walnut Bottom Road; go about one mile and turn LEFT onto West Street; take West Street past the Carlisle Expo Center; West Street will curve right and turn into K Street; take K Street thru the traffic light and turn LEFT into the Show Field Registration lot.

From Carlisle Pike/Mechanicsburg/Lemoyne - Head down the Carlisle Pike until you reach the Turnpike (you will also go under I-81). Go about one mile past the Turnpike and turn RIGHT onto Cavalry Road; go down Cavalry Road approximately ½ mile and turn LEFT into the Gate 5 entrance parking lot. Look for signs along the way to help guide you.

What to bring: Your ride (obviously), Cameras, Friends, rain attire, and your ladies *wink wink* LOL

Suggested to bring: Coolers/ice, drinks, food, portable grills, chairs, family-sized tent or awning, SUN BLOCK!!
Also, bring some $$ as they have tons of vendors, drift course, and even a dyno.

I know the meeting time seems early, but I have been in contact with the P&S crew, and they will be openening the gates to the public and non pre-regestered vehicles as they did last year, at 0800 (the flyer says 0900). The earlier we get there, the better the parking spot.

Please note: This is a rain or shine show, but if the weather doesn't look promising or is extremely nasty day-of-show, we [our club] most likely will not participate in this event. We will post a cancellation on the forum so you'll know ahead of time.

Any ?'s, just ask or feel free to PM me.

Look forward to seeing everyone and possibly meeting some new people.
Old May 3, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Always go to carlisle to bad the dyno is a 2wd one. This year is a drive through judging so it should be easier this year
Old May 3, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you meeting up at 6:30 for both the days?
Old May 4, 2010, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
See you at the show where heading out on Friday morning to get down there and relax for the night

Mini vacation FTW
Old May 4, 2010, 01:40 PM

yeh wish we could go the night before, but doubt we can get everyone together in time.

I doubt we'll leave as early on Sunday, depends on what everyone wants to do and how they plan to judge...
I know 0630 is early for Sat, but like i said, they will open the gates at 0800 for us, even if we're not pre registered.
Old May 6, 2010, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Alter do you know how much it is to enter if your not preregistered?
Old May 7, 2010, 12:20 PM

60 for both days non pre-registered cars if you plan on being in the showfield
Old May 7, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

How much for one day i work sundays so.
Old May 7, 2010, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
20 for Sat man