EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northeast Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region-40/)
-   -   going to philly..few Q's ?? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region/367736-going-philly-few-qs.html)

AWDTurbo4 Sep 5, 2008 02:41 PM

going to philly..few Q's ??

I need some advice from some of you members in the Philly area.

I'll be in town by the end of Nov. for a week (maybe 2)
Im visiting some relatives and also I'm wayyyy past due on some nice vacations. :crap:

This will be my first time in town and I just started last night searching for hotels and a retal car.

I would love to stay somewhere not to far from the airport, 20/30 miles at the most....but a well known tourist/hotels/restaurant area.

Im looking at some of the hotels in the Market St. area, they look nice so far on google earth treet view :D

any other area I should look at?

thanks for any info in advance! :beer:

dek0026 Sep 6, 2008 07:22 AM

what is your price range and where do you want to be mainly? center city/old city is a great place to stay because it is walking distance to everything (bars/shops/restaurants). and it is no more than 10 miles from airport. check out loews and sofitel....again i don't know your price range.

where does your family live?

chu Sep 6, 2008 08:02 AM

I would probably recommend staying somewhere near chinatown. This area is close to most of the fun stuff, such as Olde City for the bars and clubs, Delaware ave for clubs, historic philly for the tourist things, the famous South street, and Rittenhouse for nice bars and restaurants. You can't beat being that close to everything. Not sure what the hotels go for though. Also, you will only be about 15 mins from the airport...straight of 95. Good Luck

AWDTurbo4 Sep 7, 2008 05:36 AM

opss sorry I didnt get any emails from the replies...

thanks guys!!:beer:

Dek0026... loews on market st. ? thats the one Im looking at.
Im willing to pay up to 250 per night...for a nice hotel.
loews is about 160 right now but is a 4 star hotel so not bad at all ;)

I dont mind driving once Im in town to visit some of the tourist stops, but I want to stay at a hotel in a nice area to walk around and spend all day with out getting bored :D

....family is Vineland NJ, but I will only stay there for 2 days.

one more thing......how is traffic and parking spots in Nov?:crap:

jjm4life Sep 7, 2008 06:59 AM

+ for loews. solid location, nice hotel. pm me if you need more hotels restuarants ect.. hotel/restaurant mgmt is my business.

dek0026 Sep 7, 2008 08:28 AM

if loews is in your price range then book it. you shouldn't have any complaints with it. it is a great place to stay. i was bam margera's wedding there not too too long ago. they have a parking garage that you have to pay per day. parking in that area as with most parts of philly is very difficult. i would just suck it up and pay for the garage.

AWDTurbo4 Sep 7, 2008 08:55 AM

thank you guys!

i just called the hotel......$39 per night for parking :helpme: :D