EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northeast Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region-40/)
-   -   Evo shop in CT/MA (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region/470819-evo-shop-ct-ma.html)

Dube Jan 27, 2010 10:15 AM

Evo shop in CT/MA

I'm coming up to CT with my evo that I bought a couple days ago in March. I was wondering what shops offer services for all fluids, belt check, anything from front to back of my engine. I want to make sure everything is good with the car before I put money into mods.

So, a name, shop name, number, email, or site will work. Thanks {thumbup}

MR Turco Jan 27, 2010 10:27 AM

any dealer can probably do that. Synaptic3 up in NH i am sure can satisfy your need but that is somewhat of a hike from CT.

lemmysports2 Jan 27, 2010 10:29 AM

go to DSG... there located in mass but its worth the trip, great guys, great facility... they engine build and are great tuners.
dentsport.com

Dube Jan 27, 2010 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 7930261)
any dealer can probably do that. Synaptic3 up in NH i am sure can satisfy your need but that is somewhat of a hike from CT.

Where in NH? Zip or City? If it's more than 2 1/2 hours then thats a no-go.:crap:

lemmysports2 Jan 27, 2010 10:33 AM

btw.. i feel like half the dealers dont know what their talking about and always over charge you.
try and do the work yourself.... quality is guaranteed that way.
if you need a place to work or tools i have plenty of driveway space and just rebuilt an engine so im sure i have the right tools... hit me up im always down to turn some wrenches and have a few beers (as long as its not -20* out). im in southern RI 30 mins north of groton

there is also a shop in ct called "the shop" i believe.. i dont know much about them but if its up the street they might be worth checking out

Dube Jan 27, 2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by lemmysports2 (Post 7930292)
btw.. i feel like half the dealers dont know what their talking about and always over charge you.
try and do the work yourself.... quality is guaranteed that way.
if you need a place to work or tools i have plenty of driveway space and just rebuilt an engine so im sure i have the right tools... hit me up im always down to turn some wrenches and have a few beers (as long as its not -20* out). im in southern RI 30 mins north of groton

there is also a shop in ct called "the shop" i believe.. i dont know much about them but if its up the street they might be worth checking out

I'm new to the modding. I've always wanted to learn. But it's hard to do that when you're in the military and don't get enough time off to work. I might put you up to that offer though when I come down in march. I was thinking about taking two weeks off from the end to march to beginning of april. Time to start saving my money {pcfreak}

lemmysports2 Jan 27, 2010 10:40 AM

lol for sure. much respect for you serving our country btw.. what branch? navy?
as long as you do some research and buy the right parts, modding the evo isnt really all that hard. especially basic bolt-ons

Dube Jan 27, 2010 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by lemmysports2 (Post 7930322)
lol for sure. much respect for you serving our country btw.. what branch? navy?
as long as you do some research and buy the right parts, modding the evo isnt really all that hard. especially basic bolt-ons

Air Force, HUA! And yeah, i've been researching at work :lol:
I may bring my hardcore honda 4 life friend too. He knows a lot about cars. :mitsu:

Synaptic3e Jan 27, 2010 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Dube (Post 7930275)
Where in NH? Zip or City? If it's more than 2 1/2 hours then thats a no-go.:crap:

We are located in Candia, NH 03034. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to setup and appointment. We can for sure fulfill all of your service needs.

Dube Jan 27, 2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Synaptic3e (Post 7930399)
We are located in Candia, NH 03034. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to setup and appointment. We can for sure fulfill all of your service needs.

2 hours and 38 mins drive. I think we could arrange something later on. I'll notify you when the time comes closer to March.

nperkins Jan 27, 2010 11:03 AM

Where in CT are you going to be? If you are in the western area, EFI Logics in Bethel is the place to go.

If its eastern CT Swift Performance Automotive in Norwich is good.

MR Turco Jan 27, 2010 11:03 AM

You should also add a compression test to the list. That will give you an indication if the motor is or will have any catastrophic issues. If you don't plan on changing any of the IC piping or FMIC i would also suggest you do a boost leak test.

99% chance you will need new throttle body seals if they haven't been done yet. Something also to consider.

deadmeat Jan 27, 2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by lemmysports2 (Post 7930273)
go to DSG... there located in mass but its worth the trip, great guys, great facility... they engine build and are great tuners.
http://www.dentsport.com/

This right here.

They are a great bunch of guys and so far everything I've had done there (maintenance mostly.. hopefully some power mods soon) has been about half the price of what the dealers around here quote me. Quick turnaround time too {thumbup}

smg944 Jan 27, 2010 09:48 PM

DSG is a great shop. honest guys, take the time to answer any of your questions and they do great work and tuning.

MR Turco Jan 29, 2010 07:48 AM

I would have to not recommend DSG